Author Topic: The ‘Electile Dysfunction’ Video From Boehner’s Challenger Could Be The Funniest Campaign Ad Ever  (Read 683 times)

Offline happyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9A8kq85Umco

J.D. Winteregg hopes to pull off an enormous upset and unseat House Speaker John Boehner in Ohio, so it’s no surprise that’d he go to extreme lengths to get some attention like the above video.

From the Daily Caller:

“The intent [with the ad] is to nationalize this thing. He’s everyone’s speaker. He’s my representative, yeah, but he’s America’s speaker. We want to get my name out there and tell people there’s an alternative,” Winteregg told The Daily Caller Sunday night, outlining a “two-pronged approach” that includes a fierce ground game in his district and also a national fundraising campaign. It’s a strategy, according to his veteran Republican campaign consultants, that worked for Scott Brown in 2010, as the unknown tea party favorite mixed district door-knocking with a national drive to provide the forty-first vote in the Senate to block Obamacare.

Winteregg, 32, needs between 40,000 and 50,000 votes to defeat Boehner in next month’s primary, which is expected to draw about 85,000 Republican voters. Boehner is now paying workers to go door-to-door disseminating information, including some targeting Winteregg. The underdog gained traction after an endorsement from the Tea Party Leadership Fund PAC, which found that only 25 percent of Boehner’s own Ohio constituents still support him when he’s paired against any no-name challenger.

Whether he unseats Boehner or not, he definitely won the most hilarious campaign video award this year.
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/129428-video-electile-dysfunction-ad-john-boehners-primary-challenger-probably-funniest-campaign-ad-ever/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Better hurry up and add your contribution to JD's $25,458 cash on hand.  Speaker Boehner has almost $3 Million cash on hand.  Funny ad though.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
On a related note...
Boehner campaign suspected of trying to get primary rival’s ‘Electile Dysfunction’ ad pulled off Breitbart
by Patrick Howley, April 14, 2014

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/boehner-campaign-suspected-of-trying-to-get-primary-rivals-electile-dysfunction-ad-pulled-off-breitbart/

The conservative publication Breitbart Texas was told Monday that John Boehner primary rival J.D. Winteregg’s “Electile Dysfunction” web ad was a fake and that it should be taken down, The Daily Caller has learned — and insiders have reason to believe that Boehner’s campaign was involved in the effort to get it pulled.

Breitbart’s posting of Winteregg’s authentic video is still on the website.

Winteregg’s ad, which includes the line “If you have a Boehner lasting more than 23 years, seek immediate medical attention” was released late Sunday night and quickly went viral on the Internet. Winteregg, 32, is challenging Boehner in the May 6 Ohio eighth district Republican primary, in which approximately 85,000 voters are expected to head to the polls.

“The intent [with the ad] is to nationalize this thing. He’s everyone’s speaker. He’s my representative, yeah, but he’s America’s speaker. We want to get my name out there and tell people there’s an alternative,” Winteregg told TheDC.

Boehner’s campaign did not return a request for comment after normal work hours Monday. Breitbart Texas editor Brandon Darby did not return a request for comment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

On a related note...
Boehner campaign suspected of trying to get primary rival’s ‘Electile Dysfunction’ ad pulled off Breitbart
by Patrick Howley, April 14, 2014

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/boehner-campaign-suspected-of-trying-to-get-primary-rivals-electile-dysfunction-ad-pulled-off-breitbart/

The conservative publication Breitbart Texas was told Monday that John Boehner primary rival J.D. Winteregg’s “Electile Dysfunction” web ad was a fake and that it should be taken down, The Daily Caller has learned — and insiders have reason to believe that Boehner’s campaign was involved in the effort to get it pulled.

Breitbart’s posting of Winteregg’s authentic video is still on the website.

Winteregg’s ad, which includes the line “If you have a Boehner lasting more than 23 years, seek immediate medical attention” was released late Sunday night and quickly went viral on the Internet. Winteregg, 32, is challenging Boehner in the May 6 Ohio eighth district Republican primary, in which approximately 85,000 voters are expected to head to the polls.

“The intent [with the ad] is to nationalize this thing. He’s everyone’s speaker. He’s my representative, yeah, but he’s America’s speaker. We want to get my name out there and tell people there’s an alternative,” Winteregg told TheDC.

Boehner’s campaign did not return a request for comment after normal work hours Monday. Breitbart Texas editor Brandon Darby did not return a request for comment.

so who's playing dirty tricks here?  the democrats/liberals, perhaps?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

so who's playing dirty tricks here?  the democrats/liberals, perhaps?

I'm guessing Boehner is trying to get it pulled because, like most things the Tea Party does, it damages the GOP brand.  It makes the GOP voters look like hicks because so many non-GOP voters see the Tea Party as an extension of the GOP.  The ad is juvenile and crude.  My favorite part is where Winteregg is complaining that Boehner isn't white enough.  It's tea party perfection.