Author Topic: Reid warns Nevada cattle rancher who faced down feds: ‘It’s not over’  (Read 983 times)

Offline happyg

Brendan Bordelon

Nevada Democratic Sen. Harry Reid had an ominous message Monday for Clive Bundy, the Nevada rancher who successfully faced down federal agents attempting to seize his herd for illegal grazing: “It’s not over.”

The Senate majority leader spoke briefly to Reno-based KRNV about last week’s standoff, which eventually saw Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and other federal law enforcement officers retreat in the face of large public protests and an armed militia presence.

“Well, it’s not over,” he said. “We can’t have, in America, people that violate the law and just walk away from it. So it’s not over.”

The BLM accuses the Bundy’s of illegally grazing on federal land and damaging a protected habitat for a desert tortoise. The Bundys claim the land has been in their family for generations and that the federal government has no claim to to the land.

While many Nevada politicians have expressed their support for Bundy, Reid has been largely silent about the controversy since federal agents unexpectedly surrounded the Bundy’s ranch last week.

[h/t Washington Free Beacon]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/reid-warns-nevada-cattle-rancher-who-faced-down-feds-its-not-over/#ixzz2yu1skkux

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
“Well, it’s not over,” he said. “We can’t have, in America, people that violate the law and just walk away from it. So it’s not over.”

Dude doesn't own a mirror?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline katzenjammer

Dude doesn't own a mirror?

Seriously!!   :thud:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He is right. It is not over. Not by a long shot. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline katzenjammer

In some ways, the animated contest is just getting underway...

Oceander

That is nothing more and nothing less than a threat from a mafia capo.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
This is one of those broken watch moments. Reid is right

The Court orders are still in place, the fees remain unpaid and where before all this, all that Bundy had to do was pay the fees and the penalties, that's no longer enough.

Civil disobedience may be heroic, but it isn't free of consequences.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline xfreeper

“We can’t have, in America, people that violate the law and just walk away from it.

Not unless they are in congress, that is

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
“We can’t have, in America, people that violate the law and just walk away from it.

Not unless they are in congress, that is

Far be it for me to point out that it is the people of Nevada who keep returning Harry Reid to Congress election after election.

Harry is trampling on the rights of the people of Nevada?

Cry me a F@#&ng river.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Far be it for me to point out that it is the people of Nevada who keep returning Harry Reid to Congress election after election.

Harry is trampling on the rights of the people of Nevada?

Cry me a F@#&ng river.

What you said is very true, of Reid and many others like him including some Republicans. But, it is things like this that people remember. My bother is as dumb as a stone when it comes to politics, but he is a 'staunch' Democrat. And there is no way to talk him out of it using reason and logic. Liberals have been trained to dismiss any challenge to what they believe by simply dismissing it. They do not think. They do not discuss. They do not consider any alternate point of view because they have been taught that anything that disagrees with 'the mindset' is "crazy", and a lie, and a "conspiracy". This really is how many of the masses think.

But demonstrations like this break through the wall of ignorance and stupidity Liberals surround themselves with. How many of those ranchers and cowboys who showed up vote Democrat. I would think that over half of them. But they will not vote that way again.

No doubt this will be Reid's last term. And I personally would gladly purchase for him a one way ticket straight to hell. He's going to need it soon anyway. I cannot picture any version of Heaven that would have a guy like Harry Reid in it.

Sometimes you have to whack Liberals over the freakin' head with some real reality before they 'get it'. They need a knock upside the head to understand what Liberals are really all about, because the reality of Liberalism is so completely different from the way it is sold and taught.

Episodes like this are real and undeniable, and cut through all the B.S. Liberals are constantly spewing for the LIVs. That is why they stopped.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

What you said is very true, of Reid and many others like him including some Republicans. But, it is things like this that people remember. My bother is as dumb as a stone when it comes to politics, but he is a 'staunch' Democrat. And there is no way to talk him out of it using reason and logic. Liberals have been trained to dismiss any challenge to what they believe by simply dismissing it. They do not think. They do not discuss. They do not consider any alternate point of view because they have been taught that anything that disagrees with 'the mindset' is "crazy", and a lie, and a "conspiracy". This really is how many of the masses think.

But demonstrations like this break through the wall of ignorance and stupidity Liberals surround themselves with. How many of those ranchers and cowboys who showed up vote Democrat. I would think that over half of them. But they will not vote that way again.

No doubt this will be Reid's last term. And I personally would gladly purchase for him a one way ticket straight to hell. He's going to need it soon anyway. I cannot picture any version of Heaven that would have a guy like Harry Reid in it.

Sometimes you have to whack Liberals over the freakin' head with some real reality before they 'get it'. They need a knock upside the head to understand what Liberals are really all about, because the reality of Liberalism is so completely different from the way it is sold and taught.

Episodes like this are real and undeniable, and cut through all the B.S. Liberals are constantly spewing for the LIVs. That is why they stopped.

The problem here is that this situation, while it is making headlines today, has been going on for two decades, and three administrations, one of them GWB's.

This transcends liberal vs. conservative politics and becomes simply story of an individual whose claims to using land that doesn't belong to him in a manner that suits his ideas have been soundly defeated in the Courts, because whether we hold the position that the land belongs to Nevada or to the United States, no one, not even the very man at the epicenter of this controversy, is making the argument that the land belongs to Cliven Bundy.

So if the land doesn't belong to Bundy, then what right does Bundy to dictate the way that the land is managed and/or used, and why should he be allowed to disregard Court orders with impunity where the rest of us would face incarceration for doing the same thing?

It is unreasonable to expect that the totality of the people will always agree with every decision made by the government, and I don't know that anyone who has lost a case in the Courts has ever come out believing that they were wrong, and that the Court was right. it's not human nature, but while this system of government guarantees process and access to ways for the people to air grievances and seek remedy against the government, it doesn't guarantee outcome.

Bundy got process and lost.   

Imagine what we would have said back in 1999 if the people who thought that Al Gore had all the time in the world to count the Florida vote decided not to abide by the SCOTU's order to call the election for Bush and took up arms to confront Federal agents demanding that the counts continue?