Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton Leaves Door Open for Political Decision  (Read 408 times)

Offline happyg

Chelsea Clinton Leaves Door Open for Political Decision
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »
By Sandy Fitzgerald

Chelsea Clinton has left the door open to one day to running for office herself.

"I live in a city and a state where I support my elected representatives," Clinton said in an interview with the business magazine Fast Company. "If at some point that weren’t the case, and I didn’t support my mayor or my city councilwoman or my congresswoman or either of my senators — and I’m lucky to live in a state where I have lots of women representing me, you know — maybe then I’d have to ask and answer the question for myself, and come to a different answer."

As the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary Hillary Clinton, she was only 3 and out with the campaign for her father's re-election as governor of Arkansas when someone asked her if she wanted to be the governor herself one day.

"I looked at her and said, 'No, I’m 3. I’m just waving the flag. That is my job right now,'" Clinton reminisced to the magazine. "Flag-waving extraordinaire," Clinton said.

Clinton, now 34, lives in New York City with her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, and her name has already come up for a national political position, when she was mentioned in 2011 as a possible candidate for a congressional seat now held by New York Democratic Rep. Nita Lowey, a suggestion that was quickly refused.

Until now, the former first daughter has tried a number of career paths, rationalizing her many jobs as part of being a "millennial." Clinton graduated from Stanford University in 2001, and then tried out careers in international relations, management consulting, on Wall Street and even as an NBC News "special correspondent."

She has joined the rebranded Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation as vice chair.

While she may not always remain with the organization, Clinton says that she can't deny her heritage as the only daughter of two of the country's most powerful politicians, and told Fast Company it's that legacy that shows she has contributions she can make to society.

"It's a funny thing to realize I feel called to this work both as a daughter — proudly as a daughter and also as someone who believes that I have contributions to make."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Chelsea-Clinton-future-Hard-Company-foundation/2014/04/14/id/565485#ixzz2yu14ymCa