Author Topic: Obama falsely claims that Jesus’ resurrection occurred ‘more than 2,000 years ago’  (Read 679 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/obama-goofs-facts-on-jesus-christ-resurrection/?print=1

Obama falsely claims that Jesus’ resurrection occurred ‘more than 2,000 years ago’
Posted By Patrick Howley On 12:36 PM 04/14/2014 In | No Comments

President Obama falsely claimed that Jesus Christ died more than 2,000 years ago.

Obama said at an Easter Prayer Breakfast Monday that “we celebrate the glory of the Resurrection — all so that we might be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life. And more than 2,000 years later, it inspires us still.”

Scholars generally agree that Jesus, who lived to about his thirties, died on the cross between 30-36 AD. For Obama’s statement that the Resurrection occurred “more than 2,000 years ago” to be true, Jesus would have had to have died and been resurrected in 13 AD or earlier.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Residents of 43 of the 57 states, when asked, said, "Jesus Christ? The swear word?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

The lack of a lightening strike is testing my faith.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Residents of 43 of the 57 states, when asked, said, "Jesus Christ? The swear word?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYVqMj5i6k
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

That is being a little nitpicky.  2000 years has been used to estimate how long ago his time on earth was since at least the 1990s.  It’s a general term that probably will be repeated each Christmas and Easter for another 10, 20, or 30 years.    I’m more concerned about the “Inspires us” portion of the quote.    I can think of a long list of people alive and dead that can inspire you.  But Jesus Pursues you, redeems you, and restores you.  Nobody dead, alive, or yet to be born will ever mean as much to this World as Jesus. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SouthTexas

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/14/obama-goofs-facts-on-jesus-christ-resurrection/?print=1

Obama falsely claims that Jesus’ resurrection occurred ‘more than 2,000 years ago’
Posted By Patrick Howley On 12:36 PM 04/14/2014 In | No Comments

President Obama falsely claimed that Jesus Christ died more than 2,000 years ago.

Obama said at an Easter Prayer Breakfast Monday that “we celebrate the glory of the Resurrection — all so that we might be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life. And more than 2,000 years later, it inspires us still.”

Scholars generally agree that Jesus, who lived to about his thirties, died on the cross between 30-36 AD. For Obama’s statement that the Resurrection occurred “more than 2,000 years ago” to be true, Jesus would have had to have died and been resurrected in 13 AD or earlier.

Eh, this won't happen very often, but I'll give him a pass on this one. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, this isn't such a big deal and makes us look silly, at best.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It sure is good for him, that Obama ran for President, and not for Pastor or Priest or Pope.

I doubt anybody alive, can prove "beyond a reasonable doubt," the precise year of Christ's death.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

I'm with the majority on this one.

Will all the evil Obama is doing, this is a minor infraction.

Best to concentrate on the bad stuff.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Right. If some guy is too stupid to know how many States are in America, then how can you expect him to do the math on history. I love America. All 57 of them with two more left to go...

Leave that stuff to the intellectuals. Leave that stuff to the real engineers. Stupid, idiotic, retarded, government people only know one thing. And that is, gimme my paycheck!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

:bigsilly: