Author Topic: Obama Admin Bans Junk Food in Schools  (Read 865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Admin Bans Junk Food in Schools
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:24:38 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/13/Obama-s-Gov-t-Bans-All-Junk-Food-in-Schools

In another from-the-top decree, President Obama and his USDA have used regulatory powers to officially ban all junk foods from the nation's schools.

by Warner Todd Huston 13 Apr 2014

The USDA has banned all food it deems unsuitable for kids and bases its power to demand such things on the fact that schools receive federal money for education. With federal money come federal strings.

The federal food agency announced that it is allowing schools to hold bake sales to raise funds without federal interference, but still insists that the new rules will "Help" make " the healthy choice the easy choice for America's young people."

The new rules will require that vending machines operated by outside vendors will only be allowed to offer a fruit, vegetable, dairy product, lean-protein product, whole-grain food. They will also be restrained to 200 calories for "snacks" and 350 calories for "entrees."

A recent entry at a food blog also reported that:

Items sold on campus must not contain more than 35 percent sugar by weight, more than 35 percent calories from fat, more than 10 percent calories from saturated fat, and cannot contain trans fats. The only competitive beverages that can be sold are water (both sparkling and flat), low-fat or no-fat milk, or 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice--maxing out at 12 oz for middle and high schoolers (8 oz for elementary schools).

Meanwhile, kids across the country have been protesting the Spartan lunches required under First Lady Michelle Obama's increasingly ill-fated school lunch regulations. Many schools are even opting out of Obama's demands saying the lunches don't give kids enough energy to keep going through the day. Even in liberal New York one district has dumped Michelle's lunch program.

Complaints over Obama's school lunch requirements grew so loud that the USDA itself agreed to loosen the rules to give school districts more flexibility.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Obama Admin Bans Junk Food in Schools
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:42:44 pm »
People don't kill people, candy bars kill people, so now only criminals will be in the possession of candy bars....

:smokin: :smokin:

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
People don't kill people, candy bars kill people, so now only criminals will be in the possession of candy bars....

:smokin: :smokin:

They will not only decrease obese people, but average sized people will become skin and bones. This is an unhealthy ban.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:04:52 pm »
They are going about this all wrong.  Get the pedophiles, gang-bangers and human traffickers off the streets so that children can play outside and ride their bikes or walk to the store to buy CANDY like we used to do - and stop at the school playground on the way home and PLAY until we got tired/hungry/had to go to the bathroom.  We weren't fat and we ate lots of candy - we BURNED it off! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »
They are going about this all wrong.  Get the pedophiles, gang-bangers and human traffickers off the streets so that children can play outside and ride their bikes or walk to the store to buy CANDY like we used to do - and stop at the school playground on the way home and PLAY until we got tired/hungry/had to go to the bathroom.  We weren't fat and we ate lots of candy - we BURNED it off!

What a concept.

Go outside and play.  (It works!)

But, you have to realize, Alice, that the people who are doing this don't have a problem with pedophiles.  For them, it's all about not being punished for "who you love," right??   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:52:19 pm »
I was listening on the radio this morning just how much food this new program is wasting.  All un-touched/un-opened containers have to be thrown into the trash once it's put on a tray and given to a student.  Doesn't matter if it's still good or not. 

Why not give it to a food bank or homeless shelter???   :shrug:

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:23 pm »
I'll bet they wouldn't dare try this "diet" in prisons because the inmates would riot. :chairbang:  The democrats also have a piss poor example of what a "healthy diet" does for you in the person of Moochelle.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:44:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »
I saw this story on reddit. I suspect the average age of a reddit poster is about 19-21. Anyway, the comments were all about how to circumvent the ban. Not a single comment I saw that expressed outrage at government over reach.

The posting pattern bolsters my impression of American youth. They want, and expect the government to control their lives. When it becomes oppressive, they figure they can just find a way around the rules.