Author Topic: Trump: ‘I Would Build a Border Fence Like You Have Never Seen Before’  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/12/Trump-I-Would-Build-a-Border-Fence-Like-You-Have%20Never-Seen-Before

by Robert Wilde 12 Apr 2014

Manchester, NH -- Donald Trump, speaking to a gathering of conservative Americans at the New Hampshire Freedom Summit, said that “not only is Obamacare a disaster, it is the single greatest lie that I have ever witnessed, and I have been watching politics for a long time.”

Trump’s speech was upbeat and direct, and he didn’t miss an opportunity to criticize the President or his Cabinet. Trump thought that Kathleen Sebelius’s admitting that, “I am missing a sheet of paper” in her “stepping-down speech” as the Chief Obamacare Official on Friday will go down as one of the most memorable lines in the history of politics. The mishap is "emblematic of Obamacare,” he told the guests at the inaugural event sponsored by Citizens United and Americans for Prosperiety, and highlighted by speeches from Trump, as well as Senators Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee.

Trump perceptively used the botched speech as an example of media bias as well. He explained that if a Republican had delivered that speech after the series of gross errors and blatant incompetence that characterized Obamacare, they would have been ridiculed and made a fool. But for Sebelius to do it, the media just looks on it as a “cute” incident.

On the topic of the military, Trump said that Obama has stripped the armed forces to levels that we haven’t seen in many, many decades. According to Trump, Obama doesn’t understand that the more you decimate your military and make it weak, the more apt you are to have to use it. On the other hand, the stronger you can make your military, the more likely you will be feared and, therefore, countries will be less likely to violate your rules.

The real estate mogul contends that America should be the “energy capital of the world.” Trump exclaimed, “I’m all for the Keystone pipeline, I love it, it should happen. But, we don’t even need it. We don’t need Canada’s oil.” Trump says we have it all here and we don’t have to go anywhere for it or import it.

As far as immigration is concerned, Trump boasted that he is a builder and that he likes to build things. He said that, if he was in charge of America, “I would build a border fence like you have never seen before.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If he ever ran. Which, of course, we know he won't.

Say what you will, but he knows how to draw attention.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Knowing Trump, he'll just build golf courses.

Oceander

Knowing Trump, he'll just build golf courses.

Well maybe he's hit on something like that.  Build a serial line of golf courses all along the border and not only will you have the costs largely paid for with greens fees, you'll also have lots and lots of extra landscaping jobs you can use to keep the border crossers occupied so they don't go any further into the US.