Author Topic: 7 babies found dead in Utah home  (Read 694 times)

Offline happyg

7 babies found dead in Utah home
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:38:10 pm »
A woman has been arrested on six counts of murder after authorities found the bodies of seven infants packed into separate cardboard boxes at a home in Utah, police said.

Police arrested Megan Huntsman, 39, of Pleasant Grove, on Saturday following a gruesome discovery at a residence formerly occupied by the woman who they say moved out in 2011.

Officers responding to a phone call from a family member who is currently living at the Pleasant Grove residence arrived at the home to find the first baby which "appeared to be a full term," according to a police statement.

"A family member was cleaning out the garage and came across a box that looked suspicious. Upon opening the box they found the infant inside," Capt. Michael Roberts of the Pleasant Grove Police Department told ABC News.

Authorities obtained a search warrant to inspect the home, where they found six more infant bodies inside, packaged in separate containers, the police statement said.

Roberts said that through their investigations, they had reason to believe that Huntsman had given birth to the six other babies in the period between 1996 and 2006 and murdered them.

Authorities arrested Huntsman and booked her at the Utah County Jail on six murder counts, but did not comment on why she was not charged with seven counts.

The adult residents of the home claimed to have no knowledge of the dead babies, police said. Roberts could not confirm whether Huntsman had any other children or if she was married.

"It's still an ongoing case so we're still working on some information we've received ," Roberts said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/babies-found-dead-utah-woman-arrested-murder-counts/story?id=23311067

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: 7 babies found dead in Utah home
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »
Bless their souls
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:17:21 pm »
No different than abortion.

Is it??

Our country is reaping what it has sown................ and it is pure evil.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:20:30 pm »
Here she is

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:24:40 pm »
What's the big deal?  They should check the hazardous waste dumpster outside the local abortion clinic.  There are probably hundreds of dead babies in there.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:15:27 am »
That was her estranged husband who found the bodies. He lived with her during the period when they were born, but didn't know anything????

I need to know a lot more before I condemn her -

Offline flowers

Utah woman arrested after 7 dead babies found inside home
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/14/police-arrest-woman-after-finding-7-dead-babies-in-cardboard-boxes-in-garage/

Police arrested a Utah woman Sunday after discovering seven dead babies in her former home.

Investigators believe that Meagan Huntsman, 39, who lived in the Pleasant Grove home until 2011, gave birth to the babies before killing them at various times between 1996 and 2006.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported that police were called to the house Saturday by Huntsman's ex-husband, who had discovered the body of a newborn infant who appeared to be at full term. Police obtained a search warrant for the house and discovered the bodies of six more babies packed in boxes in the garage.

Police Capt. Michael Roberts told the paper that investigators are still working on DNA tests, but Huntsman's ex-husband, identified by family and neighbors as Darren West, is believed to be the father of all seven children. The Associated Press reported that West discovered the bodies while cleaning out the garage after recently getting out of prison. Authorities do not believe West was aware of the killings and is not a person of interest at this time.

Roberts said police believe West and Huntsman were together when the babies were born.

"We don't believe he had any knowledge of the situation," Roberts told The Associated Press

Asked how the man could not have known about the situation, Roberts replied, "That's the million-dollar question. Amazing."

Roberts declined to comment on a motive and what Huntsman said during an interview with investigators. He said it wasn't clear if she has an attorney. Huntsman was booked Sunday into the Utah County Jail on six counts of murder. It was not immediately clear why she was charged with six counts of murder and not seven.

The gruesome case has raised a series of questions about how the killings occurred despite Huntsman carrying out what neighbors seemed like a normal existence. Police declined to comment on a motive and what Huntsman said during an interview with investigators.

Huntsman also has three daughters -- one teenager and two young adults -- who lived at the house.

Neighbors in the middle-class neighborhood of mostly older homes 35 miles south of Salt Lake City say they were shocked by the accusations and perplexed that the woman's older children still living in the home didn't know their mother was pregnant or notice anything suspicious.

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »
I wonder how far along in her pregnancy she was? From what I gathered, she was full term? I am against abortion, but why in the hell did she wait so long? There is a lot more to this than we have been told...so far.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »
I wonder how far along in her pregnancy she was? From what I gathered, she was full term? I am against abortion, but why in the hell did she wait so long? There is a lot more to this than we have been told...so far.
way more to this story. he was in jail but she still lived with the 3 other kids. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »
Any connection to the prominent Huntsmans?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org