Author Topic: HHS pick selected to ‘spin the numbers’?  (Read 448 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
HHS pick selected to ‘spin the numbers’?
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/203422-blackburn-hhs-pick-selected-to-spin-the

April 13, 2014, 11:18 am
HHS pick selected to ‘spin the numbers’?

By Kyle Balluck

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) on Sunday said that the resignation of Katherine Sebelius as Health and Human Services secretary will increase the controversy over ObamaCare.

Blackburn, who attended the New Hampshire Freedom Summit that attracted potential GOP presidential candidates on Saturday, said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that the resignation has only elevated concerns.

The Tennessee Republican called White House budget director Sylvia Mathews Burwell, President Obama’s pick to replace Sebelius at HHS, an “interesting choice.”

“I think there are many of us and probably a bit of a growing consensus that they know they've got a math problem with ObamaCare,” Blackburn said. “And the numbers are not going to work out so that the program is actuarially sound. And they're going to have to have somebody to kind of spin the numbers.

“And this is something with Burwell coming from O.M.B., I think they're expecting her to be able to do for them. How many of these seven million people have paid? How many actually signed up and paid and completed the process? How many got subsidies? How many are on Medicaid? How many are young? You know, if those numbers don't work out exactly right, they've got a big funding issue on their hands,” Blackburn added.

Blackburn predicted tat Republicans will continue efforts to repeal and replace the president’s signature healthcare reform law.

Blackburn also rejected the suggestion that Republicans are against equal pay for women.

“You know, I find-- this ‘war on women’ rhetoric just almost silly. It is Republicans that have led the fight for women's equality,” she said.

Blackburn said Republicans blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act in the Senate last week because it was “going to be helpful for trial lawyers.”

“And what we would like to see happen is equal opportunity and clearing up some of the problems that exist that are not fair to women,” Blackburn said. “We're all for equal pay. I would love for women to be focused on maximum wage. And I have fought to be recognized with equality for a long time. A lot of us get tired of guys condescending to us.

“But, you know, I gotta tell you, one of the things that we need to do is look at access to capital, small business owners that are female,” she added. “That is their number one problem is access to capital. We need to also look at regulations, how that is affecting them.

“Obamacare has been very unfair to women. We hear a good bit about this,” Blackburn said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: HHS pick selected to ‘spin the numbers’?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »
It is interesting that Obama picked a numbers cruncher rather than someone whose speciality is in the medical field.  I think Rep. Blackburn is exactly right.  Obamacare is a boondoggle and will end up costing the taxpayer far FAR more than anyone could even imagine!  All the while, our quality of healthcare will plummet.  It is a huge disaster, one that is going to take a lot of leaders that have a fighting spirit and strong constitution to repeal - not fix.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

Re: HHS pick selected to ‘spin the numbers’?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:12:18 am »
Not only did they pick a number cruncher, a bean counter, but they picked someone who has real depth of experience in government-style accounting, and therefore is very well-versed in all of the shenanigans that pass for "accounting" where the government is concerned.  She's there for no reason other than to play "hide the real costs" and to help pull the wool over everyone's eyes.