Author Topic: Sebelius: Pressure after rollout was 'awful'  (Read 463 times)

Offline flowers

Sebelius: Pressure after rollout was 'awful'
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/203417-sebelius-pressure-after-rollout-was-awful

Outgoing Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said she was "flat-out wrong" to believe that HealthCare.gov was ready to go on Oct. 1, 2013.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sebelius made the comment to NBC's Andrea Mitchell on "Meet the Press" in her first post-resignation interview. The secretary has only a handful of weeks left at HHS until her replacement is confirmed.

In candid remarks about the healthcare rollout, Sebelius said she regretted not asking different questions when HealthCare.gov was under construction.

"If I had a magic wand and could go back to mid-September and ask different questions based on what I know now," I would, she said. "I thought I was getting the best information from the best experts but clearly that didn't go well."

The former Kansas governor reportedly handed in her resignation to President Obama in early March, when the enrollment numbers on the exchanges began to rise.

Asked whether she was pushed out of the administration, Sebelius insisted the departure is her choice.

"I thought that at the end of open enrollment was a logical time to leave," though there is "never a good time," Sebelius said.

Oceander

Re: Sebelius: Pressure after rollout was 'awful'
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:33:18 am »
go stuff yourself you evil little b*tch.