Author Topic: Democrat Center Folds  (Read 431 times)

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Democrat Center Folds
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:24:45 AM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:28:49 AM by Bigun »

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Re: Democrat Center Folds
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
This is almost exactly what happened in 1856 when moderate dems and Whigs merged as the republican party.  The radical pro-slavery majority of democrats (same as today, just in different clothing) would not accept compromise (just like today), divided the country (just like is happening today), and were willing to destroy the Constitution (just like today) to keep their power intact.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
This is almost exactly what happened in 1856 when moderate dems and Whigs merged as the republican party.  The radical pro-slavery majority of democrats (same as today, just in different clothing) would not accept compromise (just like today), divided the country (just like is happening today), and were willing to destroy the Constitution (just like today) to keep their power intact.

Yours is the most historically accurate and completely cogent post I've read on these pages in quite a long time!

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
Not to be confused with "Democrat centerfolds." Apologies for any nightmares I might have caused with that.  :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
Not to be confused with "Democrat centerfolds." Apologies for any nightmares I might have caused with that.  :smokin:

I almost didn't click on this thread because I thought that's what it was!

:3:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
[[ Democrat Center Folds.. ]]

There hasn't been much of a "center" to the 'rats for decades.

Finally they've all pulled off the camouflage to reveal the red undergarments beneath...

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:19:37 PM »
I clicked on the topic with a certain amount of trepidation.  There are a few cute democrats, but their superstars are usually b*tt ugly.  I'm glad to see this was about the center of the party folding, and not about the party centerfolds!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf