Author Topic: Jay Carney's kitchen is filled with communist propaganda  (Read 357 times)

rangerrebew

Jay Carney's kitchen is filled with communist propaganda
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:58:58 am »
Jay Carney’s gourmet kitchen is filled with Communist propaganda

Posted By Eric Owens On 1:51 PM 04/12/2014 In | No Comments

Thanks to a brown-nosing, Us Weekly-esque profile in Washingtonian magazine, America now knows that crotchety White House press secretary Jay Carney has Soviet propaganda in his fancypants kitchen.

The feature image in the puff piece shows Carney’s family in their dacha not far from the White House. The vast spread of fruits, meat and breads of all kinds is fit for an extended family of Slavic monarchs.

There are two World War II-era Soviet posters in the background.

The one on the left promotes the idea that women should work the jobs left by men who joined the military.

The one on the right translates to “Have you enlisted in the Army?” According to a graphic design blog, its creator, Dmitry Moor, frequently used the slogan “Death to World Imperialism.”

Fun bonus fact: Carney met his wife in Moscow in the early 1990s.

Noah Rothman at Mediaite was among the earliest to note the interesting, sumptuous photo. He tweeted it.

Dear Sudan, LOL. Love, Washington, D.C. pic.twitter.com/hdfQGl2Lu8

— Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) April 11, 2014

Follow Eric on Twitter and on Facebook, and send tips about Soviet propaganda in the kitchens of Obama staffers to erico@dailycaller.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/12/jay-carneys-gourmet-kitchen-is-filled-with-communist-propaganda/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Jay Carney's kitchen is filled with communist propaganda
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:07:21 am »
BFD. I got a Punch cartoon (rather good one, I'll scan it at some stage for "the Tables" thread) and an original WW1 Kitchener poster in the kitchen (I like the irony). Also a bird house, note about the next doctors appointment, two chainsaw blades and a vast spread of fruit, meats and breads.

Very mean spirited article.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink