Author Topic: Is the tea party running out of steam?  (Read 229 times)

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
Is the tea party running out of steam?
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:15:09 AM by Once-Ler »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Once-Ler

Re: Is the tea party running out of steam?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:16:17 AM »
The Tea Party got it's shot in October of last year.  It failed.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Offline RedForemanRules

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »
                   In certain states, there are good, independent "Tea Party" candidates, in other states there are some goofy kooks that fortunately don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination.   The guy running opposite McConnell in Kentucky basically sealed his fate by attending a pro cock-fighting rally and then quite unbelievably stating that he didn't actually know what it was.   It's stupid missteps like that which can lead to Harry Reid continuing as Senate Majority Leader. 

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:32:36 AM »
First off, good to see another fresh face here at BR.  Welcome. Second, can't disagree with anything you wrote, Red.  There are many great candidates running as "tea party" candidates.  In NE both Sasse and Osbourne are running as Tea Party candidates and both are excellent.  Unfortunately the Tea Party has become synonymous with "witchcraft" and "legitimate rape."  The brand is further tarnished with associations to "white pride" and "cock fighting."  A party is expected to vet candidates but "tea party" organizations like the Conservative Senate Fund, FreedomWorks, and Club for Growth spend all their time raising money without looking at the candidates they endorse.

The tea party makes my party, the GOP, look like racists and ignorant hicks.  While they bring a certain excitement and enthusiasm during primaries they are a drag in the general election.  IMO the Tea Party is a negative force on the GOP.  I hope they will die away.  YMMV.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf