Author Topic: True the Vote president calls Cummings damning emails ‘the tip of a very ugly iceberg’  (Read 956 times)

Offline happyg

Michael Dorstewitz

The explosive discovery by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that its ranking Democratic member coordinated with the IRS to target True the Vote came as no surprise to its founder and president. She called it “the tip of a very ugly iceberg.”

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the committee’s chairman, released emails earlier this week strongly suggesting that Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., was in direct communication with disgraced IRS supervisor Lois Lerner in an effort to target True the Vote’s non-profit application.

In an interview with Newsmax, Catherine Engelbrecht, president of True the Vote, a Texas-based conservative organization founded to combat election fraud, said this week’s disclosure gives proof to her earlier claims.

“I’m thrilled to see that these documents are seeing the light of day and my current hope is that we continue on in this discovery process because we’re only beginning to see what I believe is the tip of a very ugly iceberg,” she said.

Through her attorney, Cleta Mitchell, Engelbrecht filed a complaint in February alleging that Cummings was pushing an investigation against True the Vote. He called those charges “absolutely incorrect and untrue” at the time. The emails Issa released this week directly contradict that claim.

“Now we find out from these emails released that in fact our request for an investigation really is well placed because [Cummings] was, and his staff, they were having communications with the IRS about True the Vote,” Mitchell said in the joint Newsmax interview with her client.

Newsmax reported:

Mitchell said the similarities between questions asked of True the Vote by Cummings staffers and IRS officials at separate junctures strongly suggested inappropriate coordination between Cummings and the IRS. Engelbrecht said holding Cummings accountable is important, but the issue goes far beyond him.

To whatever extent there can be disciplinary action taken, we need to be very serious about taking them, but make no mistake, Elijah Cummings, though very important at this juncture of this discovery in this investigation, is just one of what I believe will be quite an extensive cast of characters that will point to a much vigor, much more orchestrated effort to target and silence private citizens,” Engelbrecht said. “He’s just one of many.”

Watch the full interview via Newsmax, then check out http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/04/10/sorry-ms-lerner-trey-gowdy-nailed-it-brought-boom-to-the-room-111811

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/04/10/sorry-ms-lerner-trey-gowdy-nailed-it-brought-boom-to-the-room-111811

Oceander

So now what are they going to do with Cummings?  What can they do with Cummings?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One thing is indisputable: in elective and appointed positions are corrupt.

He's a high ranking knee grow, during a knee grow administration, and the best we can hope for is an end to Obama, and pursuit of whatever legal punishments that can be pursued.

Nixon's Article II, for Impeachment, was abuse of the IRS. I don't expect much from Issa but maybe his successor can do something with a majority in both houses, and more evidence.

Issa seems incapable of bringing anything to completion.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:01:55 pm by admin »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So now what are they going to do with Cummings?  What can they do with Cummings?

They'll do nothing. You don't black ball a Club member for pissing in the punch bowl, you fire one of the waiters for inappropriate placement of the punch bowl.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

One thing is indisputable: in elective and appointed positions are corrupt.

You are an incredible source of entertainment. Right below your prickly exterior of condescension lies an honest to goodness racist.

Don't ever change, otherwise, someone may be tempted to take you seriously.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:02:21 pm by admin »

Offline Relic

They'll do nothing. You don't black ball a Club member for pissing in the punch bowl, you fire one of the waiters for inappropriate placement of the punch bowl.

Bingo. The political elite in America are all but untouchable. It's kabuki theater to keep the wonks entertained.

Offline speekinout

Cummings represents a MD district that includes a large part of Baltimore. He's going to be re-elected as long as he wants to be. Even if they have to Skype legislative sessions to the nearest Fed'l pen, he'll be re-elected. Baltimore has a very strong dim party, and enough voters in the local graveyards to elect anyone they want.  :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You are an incredible source of entertainment. Right below your prickly exterior of condescension lies an honest to goodness racist.

Don't ever change, otherwise, someone may be tempted to take you seriously.
I see. You apparently think they are NOT corrupt, name calling aside?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

I see. You apparently think they are NOT corrupt, name calling aside?

And how does one put name calling aside, and still expect to be taken seriously? Especially in the form you chose for your name calling.

Offline admin

• Administrator
TBR WILL NOT TOLERATE RACIST REMARKS....I have edited them in above posts....