Author Topic: LIVE: Clark Co. Sheriff Announces BLM ‘Will Cease Operation,’ Land to be Open to Public  (Read 1524 times)

Offline happyg

Clark County Sheriff Douglas C. Gillespie just announced that the Bureau of Land Management will cease their persecution of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy. He also stated that the land will remain public land. Stay tuned for updates and live coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=epPo7OOfxws

Live video at link:

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-to-meet-with-clark-co-sheriff/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:02:36 pm by happyg »

Offline musiclady

Whoa.

Didn't expect that!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

Whoa.

Didn't expect that!

Me, either. Withdrawing means little to the feds. They will be back unannounced, and go into attack mode.

Offline musiclady

Me, either. Withdrawing means little to the feds. They will be back unannounced, and go into attack mode.

For sure.  It's who they are.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

They never give up.   EVER!!! 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The Court rulings are still in effect, he still owes over a million dollars in fees to the Feds, he still refuses to pay the Feds, the turtles are still protected and the conservationist' suit still exists.

This isn't over.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline flowers

Are they handing this over to Homeland Security?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds
April 12, 2014
By LIZ FIELDS

A Nevada cattle rancher appears to have won his week-long battle with the federal government over a controversial cattle roundup that had led to the arrest of several protesters.

Cliven Bundy went head to head with the Bureau of Land Management over the removal of hundreds of his cattle from federal land, where the government said they were grazing illegally.

Bundy claims his herd of roughly 900 cattle have grazed on the land along the riverbed near Bunkerville, 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas, since 1870 and threatened a "range war" against the BLM on the Bundy Ranch website after one of his sons was arrested while protesting the removal of the cattle.

"I have no contract with the United States government," Bundy said. "I was paying grazing fees for management and that's what BLM was supposed to be, land managers and they were managing my ranch out of business, so I refused to pay."

The federal government had countered that Bundy "owes the American people in excess of $1 million " in unpaid grazing fees and "refuses to abide by the law of land, despite many opportunities over the last 20 years to do so."

However, today the BLM said it would not enforce a court order to remove the cattle and was pulling out of the area.

"Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public," BLM Director Neil Kornze said.

"We ask that all parties in the area remain peaceful and law-abiding as the Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service work to end the operation in an orderly manner," he said.

The roundup began April 5, following lengthy court proceedings dating back to 1993, federal officials said. Federal officers began impounding the first lot of cows last weekend, and Bundy responded by inviting supporters onto his land to protest the action.

"It's not about cows, it's about freedom," Utah resident Yonna Winget told ABC News affiliate KTNV in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"People are getting tired of the federal government having unlimited power," Bundy's wife, Carol Bundy told ABC News.

By Sunday, April 6, one of Bundy's sons, Dave Bundy, was taken into custody for refusing to disperse and resisting arrest, while hundreds of other protesters, some venturing from interstate, gathered along the road few miles from Bundy's property in solidarity. Dave Bundy was later released.

A spokesman for the Bundy encampment told ABC News roughly 300 protesters had assembled for the protest, while a BLM representative estimated there were around 100 people.

"We want a peaceful protest, but we also want our voices heard," said Cliven Bundy's sister, Chrisie Marshall Bundy.

But clashes between demonstrators and authorities took a violent turn on Wednesday, with cell phone video showing some being tasered at the site, including Bundy's son, Ammon Bundy. Two other protesters were detained, cited and later released on Thursday, according to the BLM.

As the movement grew by the day, and demonstrators rallied together, bonding by campfires at night, local protest leaders warned people not to wear camouflage and keep their weapons inside their vehicles.

Both sides said the issue is one of fairness, with the federal government maintaining that thousands of other cattle ranchers are abiding by the law by paying their annual grazing fees, while Bundy's family and supporters say the government's actions are threatening ranchers' freedoms.

"It's about the freedom of America," said another of Bundy's sisters, Margaret Houston. "We have to stand up and fight."

video at link
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:55:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He may have won this battle but he hasn't won the war...they just retreated because of all the publicity and Obama doesn't operate that way..he's a sneaky basturd and will eventually get his revenge..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

It is a temporary victory.  I just got chills thinking about what they are plotting to do next.  They see that people aren't going to go down quietly.  Scary.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline elkfersupper

Little-known fact - in  most Western States. the County Sheriffs trump everybody.

The feds, the governors, members of congress, everybody.

The provision is in most state constitutions and was there when they asked to be admitted to the U.S.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Little-known fact - in  most Western States. the County Sheriffs trump everybody.

The feds, the governors, members of congress, everybody.

The provision is in most state constitutions and was there when they asked to be admitted to the U.S.
I think that is a claim of the magnitude begging for support. Can you give documentation, maybe for Nevada as a relevant and timely example?

Here is this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriffs_in_the_United_States

The Sheriff of Clark County Nevada has talked tough and warned outsiders about entering his jurisdiction, to make trouble.

The outsiders' own leaders advise them to leave their camo costumes and guns out of sight.

So apparently the Militia have been hit by a pincer movement; nobody wants their violence to erupt at this time and place. Except probably themselves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The poop stink must be getting too close to Harry!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

The poop stink must be getting too close to Harry!    :whistle:

Yep! Reid's corruption is like something out of the movies, and it's catching up with him. Most knew he was corrupt throughout the years, but now, it's all coming back at once. I hope the worst for him.

Offline truth_seeker

Yep! Reid's corruption is like something out of the movies, and it's catching up with him. Most knew he was corrupt throughout the years, but now, it's all coming back at once. I hope the worst for him.
Let's say politicians in many cases are corruptible, corrupt. Including Harry Reid.

What proof is there, of his involvement with this case, dating back 21 years ago, when rancher Bundy stopped paying the grazing fees?

What is the proof, beyond Alex Jones, of Reid's involvement with Brazilian beef interests, Chinese solar interests, fracking interests, as they pertain DIRECTLY to rancher Bundy's circumstances?

Or is all that merely more 911 Truther nonsense?

Offline musiclady

Let's say politicians in many cases are corruptible, corrupt. Including Harry Reid.

What proof is there, of his involvement with this case, dating back 21 years ago, when rancher Bundy stopped paying the grazing fees?

What is the proof, beyond Alex Jones, of Reid's involvement with Brazilian beef interests, Chinese solar interests, fracking interests, as they pertain DIRECTLY to rancher Bundy's circumstances?

Or is all that merely more 911 Truther nonsense?

Huhhh??  What does suspecting Harry Reid of corruption in his own state have to do with 9/11 Truthers?    :shrug:

Methinks you're reaching on this one, ts.....   

Offline DCPatriot

You've got a point, TS.  Maybe anybody could be tied to this BLM fiasco using the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon method.

But something tells me that Harry Reid picked up the phone and simply said, "HEY....I don't need this sh*t!"     

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harry Reid picked up the phone and simply said, "HEY....I don't need this sh*t!"

Well we all know that's what happened...
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

Well we all know that's what happened...
Then those here that want to have the rancher left alone, are on the same side as Senator Harry !!

Can yall all say "thank you" to Harry?

Offline musiclady

Then those here that want to have the rancher left alone, are on the same side as Senator Harry !!

The second reach in two posts........

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

yep....quite a leap there.  I think it more likely that Obama called this off so he did not end up with a Ruby Ridge/Waco/Elian Gonzales incident on his watch, and that is exactly where this was headed.

You give Harry Reid far more credit than he is due.  No matter what you think, your "Senator Harry" does not have that much authority.

:smokin:

Offline happyg

We have you surrounded! Armed cowboys lay siege to federal agents to get 'stolen' cattle back after government backed down and said it would STOP targeting Nevada rancher in 'range war'

Protesters demand cows that were already rounded up are returned
Highway is closed off and SWAT teams spotted as protest moves to corral

Politicians have compared the standoff to Tiananmen Square

The Bundy family says they've owned the 600,000 acres since 1870 but the Bureau of Land Management says they are illegally grazing

The dispute began in 1993 when land was reclassified as to federal property to protect a rare desert tortoise, the government claimed

Federal officers stormed the property this week with helicopters and snipers to back up about 200 armed agents

They have reportedly seized around 350 of Cliven Bundy's 900 cattle

Tensions escalated after private militias poured in to support the family

By Ryan Gorman and Dan Miller and Meghan Keneally and Jessica Jerreat

The last rancher in southern Nevada has won a battle over the federal government's round up of his cattle on public land after a week-long standoff with agents.

The Bureau of Land Management announced today that it would stop trying to seize the cattle of Cliven Bundy after armed militia gathered in Nevada.

Shortly after the deal was agreed, about 100 armed protesters, some on horse back, headed to a corral to demand the BLM also hands back cattle it had already taken. 

Armed members of the BLM and the Bundy family were also reported to be involved in tense talks about the cattle.

As it announced earlier today that it was backing off, the BLM said it did so because it feared for the safety of employees and members of the public.

Despite the week-long protest being called off, there were claims that nearly two dozen police and a SWAT team were waiting on the road near the encampment. 

There have been no threats of violence from the protesters, who were asked to leave any guns they may have in their vehicles before coming to the camp.

In previous days, men carrying AK-47s and handguns had been pictured at the camp in southern Nevada that was set up in protest at the bureau's attempt to confiscate cattle from Bundy, whose family has been working the land for centuries.

The BLM had offered to pay Bundy for the cattle it has already rounded up, but protesters are demanding they are released to the rancher.

The cattle are being held in a corral near Mesquite, close to where the SWAT team were spotted.

About an hour after Bundy agreed a deal with the county sheriff, about 100 protesters, some armed and on horseback, headed to the corral.

Nevada Police have pleaded with drivers to avoid the highway from Las Vegas to Mesquite, as protesters swelled out across the road, causing it to be cut off in both directions.

The BLM has said its agents will not be able to leave until protesters are at a safe distance, according to 8 News Now.

The station reported that members of the Bundy family and the BLM were meeting to discuss the fate of the cattle, and that both sides are armed.

The dispute that triggered the roundup dates to 1993, when the BLM cited concern for the federally protected tortoise. The agency later revoked grazing rights for Bundy, who is the last rancher in Clark County.

BLM director Neil Kornze said on Saturday however: 'Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public.'

Bundy claims ancestral rights to graze his cattle on lands his Mormon family settled in the 19th century. He stopped paying grazing fees and disregarded several court orders to remove his animals.

BLM officials say Bundy now owes more than $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees.

'I have no contract with the United States government. I was paying grazing fees for management and that's what BLM was supposed to be, land managers and they were managing my ranch out of business, so I refused to pay,' the rancher told ABC News.

Supporters for Bundy said about 300 protesters had arrived to help campaign on the rancher's behalf. The BLM put the number at 100.

The protest came to an end after Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie brokered a deal with Bundy.
The sheriff has been negotiating with the rancher for months, and the pair met at the ranch today to finalize the deal, according to 8 News Now.

The BLM is reportedly keen to go ahead with the sale of cattle it has rounded up, but is said to be willing to share the profits with Bundy.

As the protest became heated earlier this week, a Republican U.S. Senator and Nevada's governor spoke out in favor of a rancher fighting efforts by federal agents to seize both his land and his cattle.

Sen Dean Heller, of Nevada, says he told U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) head Neil Kornze that law-abiding Nevadans such as rancher Cliven Bundy shouldn't be penalized by an 'overreaching' agency.

Governor Buran Sandoval, also a Republican, previously spoke out against the actions, saying they are leading to an 'atmosphere of intimidation.'

Article continued at link with pictures and videos:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603026/Senator-speaks-favor-Nevada-rancher-militias-join-battle-federal-agents-accused-acting-like-theyre-Tienanmen-Square-fight-disputed-ranch-land.html#ixzz2yhs1L500
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline olde north church

Sometimes it's in liberty's interest that hotter heads prevail.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

Sometimes it's in liberty's interest that hotter heads prevail.

:silly:   :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

If this was April, 2015, he wouldn't hesitate to kill these "sons-of-anarchy".

What should happen right now is that every one of the ranchers that were chased out should be allowed to return too.