Author Topic: Democrat's bizarre rant includes support for interspecies marriage  (Read 288 times)

rangerrebew

Democrat’s Bizarre Rant Includes Support For Interspecies Marriage

Considering his penchant for asinine comments, his infatuation with mules might be deeply rooted.

Avatar of B. Christopher Agee   B. Christopher Agee   — April 11, 2014

Alabama State Rep. Alvin Holmes dug himself into a hole earlier this week with some racist – and provably false – statements regarding white people. Since then, he has only continued to keep digging.

The Democrat made a six-figure bet to the residents of his state that no one could present “a bunch of whites” willing to adopt a black child. Much to his chagrin, several of those very families showed up at a State House rally to prove him wrong.

Beverly and Jeromy Owings, organizers of the rally, subsequently appeared on a local radio program and received so much public interest into the event that their time allotment was reportedly increased to handle the influx of calls. Holmes apparently could not resist the temptation to weigh in and engaged in an on-air conversation that only exacerbated the situation he created for himself.

He began by claiming he only made the initial wager as a commentary on a state ballot initiative passed 14 years ago officially allowing interracial marriage. His contention, he explained, “was that the majority of white people in Alabama was against interracial marriage.”

Holmes, however, made it clear that he is for any type of marriage imaginable.

“Now, I’m for interracial marriage,” he continued, explaining that he “don’t care who marry who. If a man meet a little mule and he wanna get married to the little mule, as long as he and the little mule get along all right, that’s fine with me. It doesn’t bother me any kind of way.”

Considering his penchant for asinine comments, his infatuation with mules might be deeply rooted.

Somehow, he managed to bring the wandering conversation back to a discussion of his earlier comments.

“Do you think the white people of Alabama would let me adopt a white baby?” he asked, apparently unwilling to concede the inaccuracy of his racial bias.

When the guests ultimately answered that they do believe he would be permitted to adopt a white child, Holmes laughed. He then accused them of making “negative, racist statements” and suggested their successful effort to prove him wrong was no more substantial than “a rally for Mussolini.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/democrats-bizarre-rant-includes-support-interspecies-marriage/#RQY3Z3wzssg1wdRz.99

Offline SouthTexas

Re: Democrat's bizarre rant includes support for interspecies marriage
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:42 pm »
If the bet also applies to those outside of Alabama, he's welcome to send a check to my daughter.   Last granddaughter is going to grow up to be a highly tanned redneck.