Author Topic: Leftist thought police target Condoleezza Rice  (Read 893 times)

rangerrebew

Leftist thought police target Condoleezza Rice
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:09:09 am »
Leftist Thought Police Target Condoleezza Rice

"Condoleezza Rice was President Bush's National Security Advisor during the lead-up to the Iraq War, and was intimately involved in the decision to go to war with Iraq and spoke publicly in support of it."

|
 Jeff Dunetz |

Fresh off their success in pushing Brendon Eich out of Mozilla, the invigorated and empowered leftist thought police have a new target: former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. On Wednesday, the file-sharing company Dropbox appointed Rice to their board. Within hours, an online protest sprung up against Dropbox for their decision.

The Wall Street Journal reports that after the file-sharing company appointed Rice as one of its directors to "help us expand our global footprint," protests quickly "sprang up" on the web based on Rice's participation in surveillance as head of the National Security Agency:

A post about the Dropbox petition on Hacker News, a popular website for Valley tech types, had about 900 comments as of 4 p.m. PT Thursday. Topsy, which tracks keywords used on social-media services, said there were nearly 3,000 Twitter posts in the past day using the “DropDropbox” hashtag – about as many mentions on Twitter as Crimea.

The petition points to Rice's work in the Bush administration as the reason for excluding her from the board:

Many people mistakenly believe that Condoleezza Rice simply served as the Secretary of State and didn't have a role in the decision to go to war with Iraq. In fact, Condoleezza Rice was President Bush's National Security Advisor during the lead-up to the Iraq War, and was intimately involved in the decision to go to war with Iraq and spoke publicly in support of it. She was an integral part of the Bush administration's campaign of lies surrounding the war, working to further public support of the war by lying about Iraq's non-existent weapons of mass destruction. In January of 2003, Rice published an editorial in the New York Times entitled "Why We Know Iraq Is Lying.'Here's a choice quote:

..if a larger type of warhead that Iraq has made and used in the past were filled with VX (an even deadlier nerve agent) and launched at a major city, it could kill up to one million people

The leftist thought police have been very active lately, for example, efforts by Google and others to reach out to conservatives also have provoked criticism. Last year some Silicon Valley backers of FWD.us, an organization established by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and other tech executives to push for immigration overhaul, pulled out of the group in part over FWD.us’s support of conservative politicians. And of course, there is the ever-expanding effort to ban any objections to the global warming theory.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/leftist-thought-police-target-condoleezza-rice
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:21:26 am by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Re: Leftist thought police target Condoleezza Rice
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:08:46 pm »
Sheesh.......... there were NO LIES about WMD.  Everyone involved in intelligence around the world thought they were there.

Agree or not with the decision to take out Saddam Hussein as a terrorist, there were no lies about what was being done.

The left is amoral.  Devoid of ethics.  Sick.

And it's clear that Condi Rice is one of their targets.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »
Sheesh.......... there were NO LIES about WMD.  Everyone involved in intelligence around the world thought they were there.

Agree or not with the decision to take out Saddam Hussein as a terrorist, there were no lies about what was being done.

The left is amoral.  Devoid of ethics.  Sick.

And it's clear that Condi Rice is one of their targets.

There weren't WMDs?  The Boston Bombers used what the media said were WMDs.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:36:36 pm »
There were lies. Exaggerations of the threat potential, at the very least. That is both documented and confirmed.

Now, the actual possession of chemical weapons - that was confirmed. The USA should know best, since they were the ones that sold them to Saddam in the first place, for use on his northern border. The Kurds are really none too happy about that. Unsurprising, really, but it did spike a natural ally into an enemy - they don't forgive. Lovely people, don't get me wrong, but they literally do not have a word for forgiveness.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:45:32 pm »
There were lies. Exaggerations of the threat potential, at the very least. That is both documented and confirmed.

Yeah, suppose it also depends on your definition of WMDs.

What were 500 tons of yellow cake uranium still doing at the nuclear research center of Al—Tuwaitha in Iraq when American tanks rolled into Bagdhad?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/about_that_500_tons_of_yellow.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/uranium-shipped-to-montreal-from-iraq-in-top-secret-mission-1.742303

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:50:16 pm »
Yeah, suppose it also depends on your definition of WMDs.

What were 500 tons of yellow cake uranium still doing at the nuclear research center of Al—Tuwaitha in Iraq when American tanks rolled into Bagdhad?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/about_that_500_tons_of_yellow.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/uranium-shipped-to-montreal-from-iraq-in-top-secret-mission-1.742303

Decaying?  :tongue2:

He had them. There is zero doubt. When the US rolled in, they, with most of the valuable assets, were removed to Syria. Seriously, you'd go into a logistics facility and find a couple of rusted out trucks and ammo from WW2.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 02:13:57 pm »
Decaying?  :tongue2:

He had them. There is zero doubt. When the US rolled in, they, with most of the valuable assets, were removed to Syria. Seriously, you'd go into a logistics facility and find a couple of rusted out trucks and ammo from WW2.

It wasn't decaying enough that we could leave it there and of course, we had to pick up the bill to ship it to Canada for disposal. 

There were aerial photos of the trucks moving to the Bekaa (sp) Valley at one time.   I also remember the media crying that the people only had radioactive blue barrels to keep water in.  Then there were jets buried in the desert. 

Most of this seems to have gone down the memory hole on the net but if you could hide a jet, more than likely they could hide multiple pounds of chemical weapons.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »

Now, the actual possession of chemical weapons - that was confirmed. The USA should know best, since they were the ones that sold them to Saddam in the first place, for use on his northern border. The Kurds are really none too happy about that. Unsurprising, really, but it did spike a natural ally into an enemy - they don't forgive. Lovely people, don't get me wrong, but they literally do not have a word for forgiveness.

Please link documentation of "lies" by the Bush administration about WMD's.  MANY countries had the same intelligence about their existence, and you, yourself voiced the opinion that Saddam moved them to Syria.

When the left said that Bush lied, they are lying.

THAT is well established.

Again...........whether or not the threat was great enough to invade is another discussion.  Saddam certainly wanted us to think he had them.  The UN was shamefully negligent in looking for them (Hans Blix), and there was plenty of time to remove them.  In addition Saddam was shooting at our planes.

Cause for war?  A matter of opinion.  Reality?  Not a doubt.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 04:32:03 pm »
It wasn't decaying enough that we could leave it there and of course, we had to pick up the bill to ship it to Canada for disposal. 

There were aerial photos of the trucks moving to the Bekaa (sp) Valley at one time.   I also remember the media crying that the people only had radioactive blue barrels to keep water in.  Then there were jets buried in the desert. 

Most of this seems to have gone down the memory hole on the net but if you could hide a jet, more than likely they could hide multiple pounds of chemical weapons.

goopo

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »
Please link documentation of "lies" by the Bush administration about WMD's.  MANY countries had the same intelligence about their existence, and you, yourself voiced the opinion that Saddam moved them to Syria.

When the left said that Bush lied, they are lying.

THAT is well established.

Again...........whether or not the threat was great enough to invade is another discussion.  Saddam certainly wanted us to think he had them.  The UN was shamefully negligent in looking for them (Hans Blix), and there was plenty of time to remove them.  In addition Saddam was shooting at our planes.

Cause for war?  A matter of opinion.  Reality?  Not a doubt.

I'd start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Dossier

I know it's wikipedia, but it is rather extensively sourced. It was a convenient lie. Was GWB in on it - I honestly doubt that. He's got no side to him, honest to a fault. Kind of refreshing in a politician. The fact that the WMD existed was never in question. The threat aspect - well, not so much.

Me - I were there. We watched them being moved and tracked the movements. Couple of others on here seen the same things.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »
I'd start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Dossier

I know it's wikipedia, but it is rather extensively sourced. It was a convenient lie. Was GWB in on it - I honestly doubt that. He's got no side to him, honest to a fault. Kind of refreshing in a politician. The fact that the WMD existed was never in question. The threat aspect - well, not so much.

Me - I were there. We watched them being moved and tracked the movements. Couple of others on here seen the same things.

Well, if the WMD were definitely there (they were), and we were still at war with Saddam, who was our enemy, then it's only the degree of threat at issue.

As I've said before, whether it was enough of a threat to go to war is the only discussion.  NOT whether WMD were there, or whether they were a threat.

In addition, the war we fought under Bush was against terrorists.  And Saddam was, without doubt, a terrorist.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »
Well, if the WMD were definitely there (they were), and we were still at war with Saddam, who was our enemy, then it's only the degree of threat at issue.

As I've said before, whether it was enough of a threat to go to war is the only discussion.  NOT whether WMD were there, or whether they were a threat.

In addition, the war we fought under Bush was against terrorists.  And Saddam was, without doubt, a terrorist.

They were. We took pictures. American and German markings, some home brewed - it were a bit of a jumble.

Was Saddam a terrorist? I don't know. He was an bleep, certainly. Yet he kept his turf clear of MB or Taliban types.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 05:08:49 pm »
They were. We took pictures. American and German markings, some home brewed - it were a bit of a jumble.

Was Saddam a terrorist? I don't know. He was an bleep, certainly. Yet he kept his turf clear of MB or Taliban types.

No need for those groups.

He took care of the terror himself.

You certainly know that, EC.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »
His tactics are required reading in certain circles.  :whistle:

Guy was smart as hell on that.

Now - should Iraq have been hit? I say no. It would have been more effective, long term, to disinfect Hell and Pakistan. Spend a little time in Saudi, reminding them that they got oil, we got nukes, so get their own house in order. (You can drill through glass).

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 09:35:06 pm »
His tactics are required reading in certain circles.  :whistle:

Guy was smart as hell on that.

Now - should Iraq have been hit? I say no. It would have been more effective, long term, to disinfect Hell and Pakistan. Spend a little time in Saudi, reminding them that they got oil, we got nukes, so get their own house in order. (You can drill through glass).

That's all debatable and the coulda, woulda, shoulda, will always get clearer in the rearview but I do think we should have annihilated Afghanistan the day after the towers fell. 

I do know we got off on a hell of a tangent.  :pondering:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 09:43:15 pm »
That's all debatable and the coulda, woulda, shoulda, will always get clearer in the rearview but I do think we should have annihilated Afghanistan the day after the towers fell. 

I do know we got off on a hell of a tangent.  :pondering:
Totally agree we veered over to Iraq, at the expense of failing to utterly and completely destroy Afghanistan which our public would have supported at the time.

But instead of staying focused like a laser in Afghanistan, to set an example, we got sidetracked and then lost support for the entire effort.

We should have nuked a few hundred square miles, killed a few million civilians in Afghanistan, and warned Pakistan, Iran and the entire muslim world to stand down or get some of the same.

Muslims understand power, and will cower before it.

But we didn't have the resolve to decisively win our first war since WWII. Instead we leave other sectors of the world in our wake of unresolved problems.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 11:10:07 pm »

We should have nuked a few hundred square miles,

Or turned the whole of Afghanistan into a big glass bowl.