Author Topic:  (Read 711 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:51:20 PM »

Support the USO

Offline happyg

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
So, they are calling her a liar. I would have walked off, too, and certainly would accept an apology with a lie in it.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
Why would anyone agree to an interview with a-hole David Gregory?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »
Don't get why mentioning the perp's name causes such angst.   She should never have agreed to the interview in the first place.

Way too fragile.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 02:17:51 AM »
Don't get why mentioning the perp's name causes such angst.   She should never have agreed to the interview in the first place.

Way too fragile.

Guessing you don't know  whole lot of people with PTSD. Weird things can trigger people. She lost a good chunk of leg, thanks to these assholes. While we call that Thursday, she's a dancer. Her legs are kind of important to her.

Saying "the perp" or "the bomber" is neutral. A name goes with a face and that suddenly becomes personal as hell.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »
Guessing you don't know  whole lot of people with PTSD. Weird things can trigger people. She lost a good chunk of leg, thanks to these assholes. While we call that Thursday, she's a dancer. Her legs are kind of important to her.

Saying "the perp" or "the bomber" is neutral. A name goes with a face and that suddenly becomes personal as hell.

True. She knew hearing the name would trigger raw emotion, along with giving him attention. That is why she asked them not to use it. They promised, then reneged on the promise. I would have done the same.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »
Your decision to back out on that promise you made and the horrific way you brought that decision to my attention just minutes prior to taping was not only a cowardice move but a dishonorable one as well.

It sounds like this isn't a matter of surprising her with no notice but a matter of timing.  From her statement I gather that she knew prior to taping that they were changing the deal.  I sympathize with her having to go through hell for the last year, but if she knew before taping started that they were going to mention the guy's name she could have backed out, too.  She could have walked out as soon as she became aware, rather than waiting until the interview started.  Whatever consequences might have ensued would surely have been better than having to hear his name.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:18:59 AM »
I dunno. They made a verbal agreement with her - then changed it.

I have a lot of sympathy for her - her life is totally different now thanks to a pair of assholes, and she just wanted to tell her tale. Everyone has one, ask any bar tender.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf