Author Topic: Wendy Davis to host Willie Nelson BBQ fundraiser  (Read 506 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wendy Davis to host Willie Nelson BBQ fundraiser
« on: April 11, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=BF719F7C-9E70-4052-B2AE-3CEBBD891BF8

Wendy Davis to host Willie Nelson BBQ fundraiser
By: Lucy McCalmont
April 11, 2014 12:23 PM EDT

Few things are more revered in Texas than Willie Nelson and barbecue, and Wendy Davis is enlisting both for an upcoming campaign event.

The Democratic candidate for governor will be hosting the country music legend in Houston on April 27 for a “Backyard BBQ,” according to an email sent to supporters Friday.

The Red Headed Stranger, and Texas native, will perform a private concert at the event, the email said, which added people will be entered for sweepstakes to attend with a contribution of $5 or more.

Nelson is not shy from the political scene as he has drawn attention to climate change issues as well and is vocal supporter for the legalization of marijuana.

Davis, who recently met with President Barack Obama this week following his remarks at the Fort Hood memorial service, is running against Republican Greg Abbott, the state’s attorney general.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Wendy Davis to host Willie Nelson BBQ fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »
Willie ought to stick to making his music, which I like very much.

His dope smoking, tax evading lifestyle not so much.

He's just "Crazy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVtpnpCOKM

Patsy Cline

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5BnCEPr7cU

Diana Krall, Elvis Costello & Willie Nelson hisself
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:56:23 pm »
With Willie there, she might actually get 100 people to attend.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline collins

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 03:42:58 am »
Yeah, I don't think Abortion barbie's gubernatorial bid is going to go anywhere, but I've read that Willie Nelson is a big Democrat supporter, unusual for someone in his genre of music.

I don't care for the old hippie myself.