Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Congress Should Impeach Eric Holder If He Takes No Action on IRS Targeting Scandal  (Read 1500 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/10/Ted-Cruz-Congress-Should-Impeach-Eric-Holder-If-He-Takes-No-Action-on-IRS-Targeting-Scandal

by Tony Lee 10 Apr 2014

On the day the House Oversight Committee held Lois Lerner in contempt, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said Congress should impeach Attorney General Eric Holder if he does not indict those like Lerner for their roles in the IRS's targeting of conservative groups.

In a Thursday appearance on Sean Hannity's radio program, Cruz said Holder should be impeached for "defying Congress and the rule of law." He said Holder's actions were not in the spirit of the Department of Justice, which Cruz said has "a bipartisan tradition of resisting partisan pressure and upholding the rule of law." Cruz cited examples of Holder's predecessors (Janet Reno and Elliot Richardson, respectively) from Bill Clinton's and Richard Nixon's administrations.

Cruz said he was "very pleased" that Lerner was held in contempt by the House Committee but noted that the Justice Department has not indicted one person eight months after the inspector general concluded that the IRS had wrongfully targeted conservative groups. He blistered the Obama administration for appointing a Democrat who was a bundler for Obama's campaign to head the IRS investigation, and he said that would be akin to John Mitchell investigating Richard Nixon.

Cruz called Holder "the most partisan attorney general the country has ever had."

Cruz also blasted Obama for a "pattern of lawlessness" that "is breathtaking" and "dangerous" for liberty.

"We have never seen a president consistently ignores the law and brazenly defies the law," Cruz said, noting that Obama has ignored immigration, marriage, drug, and welfare laws.

Cruz mentioned that Obama has unilaterally changed Obamacare nearly 30 times even though there is "no basis for him to change the law" in the Constitution.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MBB1984

Offline kevindavis007

Cruz gets it.

An impeach would be a waste of time and here is why: The house may bring charges, however, two scenarios that can happen:

1. There would be no trial
2. It would be a waste a time, cause I don't think that the democrats will not vote to remove Eric Holder.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline rustynail

An impeach would be a waste of time and here is why: The house may bring charges, however, two scenarios that can happen:

2. It would be a waste a time, cause I don't think that the democrats will not vote to remove Eric Holder.

Checkmate.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

3. The media would portray it as racism.
4. Nobody gives a rip about rats unfairly targeting the tea party including the GOPe, since the tea party has declared war on the GOPe.
5. 80% of American voters have no idea who the AG is.

Offline MBB1984

Impeachment would bring even more attention to probably the biggest Presidential scandal since Watergate.  It would make the democrats even more on the defensive.  The GOP would win regardless due to the negative publicity this would force on the administration.  More importantly, if the GOP cannot take it to the democrats on this clear case of corruption and law violation, they are completely castrated.

Offline kevindavis007

The GOP hasn't won much with the scandals and abuses the House Republicans have been investigating so far, like the IRS abuses, because the media have done a very good job of blunting the problem for the benefit of the democrats and Obama.

Impeaching Holder would be almost as bad as impeaching Obama.  In fact, it could be even worse if the media were to portray it as just a sneaky underhanded way of getting back at Obama.

It would be such a disaster.

Also after what happened with Clinton, I don't think anybody will get impeached for along time.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just love cowards who choose to cower down in the corner rather than doing their duty!

NOT!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Discretion is the better part of valor.  It is not cowardice.  True cowardice lies in not standing up to your own side and telling them they're about to make a colossal mistake.  True wisdom is not knowing whether you can do something, it's knowing whether you should do something.

I vehemently disagree! It is cowardice in it's purest form!

You do your duty and let the consequences sort themselves out!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

I just love cowards who choose to cower down in the corner rather than doing their duty!

NOT!

Ok, name me one Democrat Senator that will vote to remove Eric Holder from office during the impeachment trial?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Ok, name me one Democrat Senator that will vote to remove Eric Holder from office during the impeachment trial?

And what does that have to do with members of the House doing their duty?

They cannot control what the Senate may or may not do but they CAN control what THEY do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not going to respond to strawman arguments from anyone!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

And what does that have to do with members of the House doing their duty?

They cannot control what the Senate may or may not do but they CAN control what THEY do!

The reason why I ask this, it will be a waste of time to have an impeachment process if you know for certain there will be a known failure to remove Eric Holder from office. That is how the impeachment process works.. The House brings the charges, and the Senate votes to remove or not remove said person from office..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:04:09 pm by kevindavis »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

The reason why I ask this, it will be a waste of time to have an impeachment process if you know for certain there will be a known failure to remove Eric Holder from office. That is how the impeachment process works.. The House brings the charges, and the Senate votes to remove or not remove said person from office..

Entirely correct!

And the House must act first or the Senate will never have to act one way or the other!

ALL of that matters!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It doesn't matter one whit if the Senate won't vote to convict Holder.

What matters is that the House -did- vote to impeach him, and that becomes a stain upon Holder and a matter of historical record.

Maybe they can't remove Holder, but the House -could- frost his rear end a little !!

Best of all possible worlds: Holder completely "loses it" in public with a statment that makes "you don't want to go there, buddy" look tame by comparison.

House members, do your duty!

Aside: if the Pubbies take the Senate in the November elections, there -will- be enough votes in the Senate to force a trial next year. Again, it matters less that a conviction and removal is obtained, than it does that Holder's power is eviscerated somewhat by the proceedings...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:25:20 am by Fishrrman »

Offline olde north church

You can't shame the shameless.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MBB1984

House members, do your duty!

Exactly.  To do anything else, greatly harms the Republic.  If they do less, they should be impeached. 

Voters can easily understand the problems with a tyrannical IRS under the direct and sole political whims and ideology of the President.  Even fair minded liberals understand such political harm.  Message to the GOP Representatives:  If you can't do your duty resign and let a more competent individual replace you.   I am sick and tired of these Vichy Republicans!

Offline MBB1984

I don't think there would be any such stain on Mr. Holder.  He'll still find a comfortable position in a private firm when he leaves.  And history will judge him by what he did, not simply by whether the House of Representatives voted articles of impeachment against him.

In the meantime there would be a they're-all-racists stain a mile wide on the GOP.  History will judge the GOP based on that action because it will explain to historians why the GOP lost control of the Congress in 2014 and failed to win the White House in 2016.

That's one of the major problems with the GOP; they cower and cry at the mere threat of the left throwing the race card.  The GOP wants to give every minority a free pass on whatever they do and whenever they do it in terror of being called a racist.  As a result, they are spineless, castrated geldings who will do precious little to save our nation even if elected as a majority party. Our nation needs statesmen, not politicians.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's one of the major problems with the GOP; they cower and cry at the mere threat of the left throwing the race card.  The GOP wants to give every minority a free pass on whatever they do and whenever they do it in terror of being called a racist.  As a result, they are spineless, castrated geldings who will do precious little to save our nation even if elected as a majority party. Our nation needs statesmen, not politicians.

I agree. In fact the 'racist' thing goes far beyond the GOP. The so called 'Black activists' are convinced and are convincing others that 'all' White people are racist.

There has to come a point when White people think, 'What is the point?' What is the point of continually trying to be 'understanding' to group of people who are always going to hate you anyway no matter what?

Screw the Blacks. Screws the gays. These guys are always going to scream 'racism', because that is the only single thing that gives them any power. It does not matter what you do or say. To them, you will always be a 'White devil' no matter what. Obviously, I do not include all Black people in this description. This is a description of overall American Black culture and not one of individuals.

Notice I did not include Asians or Latinos in that group, because they are not monolithic in their culture or their voting habits.

The Pubs need to focus on doing what is right, and stop trying to pander to groups which will never be appeased anyway. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This sentiment applies to more than just Sharia Law. If you don't like it, if you are so 'oppressed' as you claim, then why not just leave. This is perpetually confusing to everyone world-wide.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That's an amazing statement by Putin, posted above.

I sense that long after it has crumbled in The West to the onslaught of islam, Russia (along with some of the other Eastern European nations) will still maintain a semblance of the mores and practices of "Western civilization"...