Author Topic: Hank Aaron compares republicans to KKK, Allen West schools him  (Read 270 times)

rangerrebew

Hank Aaron Compares Republicans To KKK, Allen West Schools Him

America basically voted for someone to be president, twice, not because of any qualifications, but BECAUSE of his skin color.

|
 Yehuda Remer |

Allen West decided to give a history lesson to Hank Aaron after the baseball legend compared Republicans who oppose Obama to the KKK.

In an interview with USA Today, the baseball Hall of Famer said,

“Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he’s treated.  The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.

Aaron also said that even though we do have an African America President, there is still room for improvement.

“We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country.

Allen West would not have any of it, posting his response Aaron on his website Wednesday:

“Perhaps Mr. Aaron should remember that back then the folks in the hoods were Democrats. Perhaps Mr. Aaron should assess Barack Hussein Obama based upon his character and not his skin. Perhaps Mr. Aaron should realize that it was the former Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo) who stated that deference was given to Obama by blacks and that if anyone else were in the White House they would be marching. Perhaps Mr. Aaron should see that the national unemployment rate for blacks is 12.4 percent and there are no excuses. Perhaps Mr. Aaron needs to be reminded that Obama canceled the DC school voucher program for deserving minority (i.e. black) children in one of the nation’s worst school systems.

I am black, from Atlanta, raised by awesome parents, and based upon principle I challenge the policies of President Obama. Does that associate me with the KKK?

This is the type of incendiary speech America does not need. Were blacks who opposed President George W. Bush also racists?

Sir, a lot has indeed changed, America basically voted for someone to be president, twice, not because of any qualifications, but BECAUSE of his skin color. Some would consider that a major accomplishment. I don’t.

Do I still idolize Hank Aaron for his astute achievements? Absolutely, he is one of the greatest to ever play the game of baseball. Do I still admire him? Yes. But sir, you are wrong in your assertion about Republicans who challenge President Obama.

Let me give you a final comparison. Back in the day it was Democrats who stood outside the doors of higher education obstructing black children from attaining a better education and opportunity. Today, those same Democrats stand inside the doors of failing schools, trapping black children and obstructing them from seeking better education and opportunity. Same party, just reverse positions, and I wish I could spend one hour speaking with Mr. Aaron to enlighten him on these points.

Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs in his magnificent career. He did it with his own skill and ability. He IS the standard by which all other home run hitters in baseball measure themselves — he is in the 1 percent and there was no fair share or shared home runs. He achieved it because of equality of opportunity, not equality of outcomes.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/hank-aaron-compares-republicans-kkk-allen-west-schools-him
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:16:18 am by rangerrebew »

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Hank Aaron compares republicans to KKK, Allen West schools him
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
“Perhaps Mr. Aaron should remember that back then the folks in the hoods were Democrats."

That could not be repeated enough.

The Democrats are the party of Jim Crow

The Democrats gave birth to the KKK which original purpose was to suppress the black vote (who voted 100% Republican) by intimidation, murder, and terrorism. 

The Democrats voted against all anti-lynching laws proposed and fought for by Republicans

The Civil Rights movement did not start in the 1960s it stared 100 years earlier, and it was the Democrats that harshly opposed giving former slaves Civil Rights, and kept that fight up for over 100 years.

It was the Democrats that began poll taxes, literacy test, grandfather clauses, hide-and-seek polling places, and several other ways to keep the Blacks from voting (at a time when  blacks voted almost 100% Republican).

It was the Democrats who would lynch Blacks & Whites trying to advance Civil Rights and Voting rights for former slaves.

It was a Democrat who shot the Great Emancipator Abraham Lincoln.

And it was Democrats that did not elect their first Black to Congress until 1935, 67 years after the Republicans started adding blacks to their congressional roll call.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn