Author Topic: Greta Van Susteren Backs Dem Candidate Into a Corner, Forces Him to Admit Big Lie After He Accused Tea Party of Dishonesty  (Read 410 times)

Offline happyg

Jason Howerton   

Democratic congressional candidate Mike Dickinson recently promised to wage “war” on the NRA, Tea Party and Fox News. On Thursday, he was confronted by Greta Van Susteren in a tense exchange that ended with an embarrassing admission.

“Why do you hate me?” Van Susteren asked, immediately getting to business.

Dickinson, who is challenging Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) in November, said he has a problem with her network as a whole.

“Well, but no, what about me? I’m Fox News, I’m ‘trash,’ apparently, so what’s wrong with me?” the TV host responded.

Dickinson conceded that he didn’t have a problem with Van Susteren personally, just the company she works for because “the facts are misrepresented” and Obama gets attacked “every day.”

When pressed on his feelings about the Tea Party, the Democrat said he “loves” the First Amendment but he thinks the Tea Party also misrepresents their positions.

Then Van Susteren dropped the hammer by exposing a lie Dickinson once told about being CEO of a company.

“That’s really bad to portray yourself not as who you are, right?” Van Susteren began, knowing exactly where she was going. She then read a letter Dickinson sent to a Virginia newspaper in which he falsely claimed to be the CEO of Mid-Atlantic Show Clubs, a cluster of strip clubs.

“I consulted for them, I did,” Dickinson said in his defense.

“It says CEO of Mid-Atlantic. Were you the CEO?” Van Susteren pressed.

“You got me there,” Dickinson admitted, looking embarrassed.

“It was a lie — a little bit of a lie, right?” the host said.

Watch the rest of the interesting interview via Fox News below:

Video at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/10/greta-van-susteren-backs-dem-candidate-into-a-corner-forces-him-to-admit-big-lie-after-he-accused-tea-party-of-dishonesty/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I do like Greta. She has a lovely interview style - politely aggressive, without being overly confrontational, and her researchers know their business.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink