Author Topic: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners  (Read 3623 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »
LOL!    Charlie....you DON'T want to play "Descendants".....trust me on that.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 02:07:20 pm »
Charlie really needs to STFU and be thankful that he's not sitting in a federal prison cell.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

rangerrebew

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »
or like an indentured servant.

The fact is the first "slaves" were indentured servants until a black man bought slaves from Africa; the first slave owner was a black man.  The indentured servants gained their freedom after a number of years, the slaves didn't.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:48:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 05:22:26 pm »
The fact is the first "slaves" were indentured servants until a black man bought slaves from Africa; the first slave owner was a black man.  The indentured servants gained their freedom after a number of years, the slaves didn't.

Doesn't surprise anybody that the very first slave owner was a black man.

The more charming....the more passengers....the more $$$.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 05:33:37 pm »
Rise up, strike off your chains, and demand your rights!!!!!

Being a slave to the land and the weather is intolerable.

The irony is the that some of my ancestors from your country where either knights or lords...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »
Your ancestors owe mine ....  :smokin:

Though technically, we are probably related, so no big deal.

Hey.............my ancestors settled and named Russia.  (It's a Swedish word, you know?)

Looking at it that way, and what Russia is doing now,  I figure my ancestors owe everyone!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 11:22:45 pm »
Better an owner than a slave?

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 11:40:38 pm »
Charlie Rangel Accuses You and Me of Being Descendants of Slave Owners

And?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 12:49:51 am »
alicewonders asks:
[[ When do we get to get past the slavery issue? ]]

Answer:
So long as there are blacks in America, you don't.

No matter how much you give them, no matter how much you atone for the past, no matter how many whites must be discriminated against so that blacks can have "their fair share", "the slavery issue" will forever be used against you.

It's really that simple...

[[ Most all of us can go back to some point in history when our ancestors were enslaved by someone, unless we're from a royal family.  Does this define who we are now? ]]

For blacks it will ALWAYS "define" who they are vis-a-vis whites in America. Slavery is a pyschological weapon that they cannot and will never put down. Until they are -forced- to lay it down...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 12:54:01 am »
Howie wrote above:
[[ Like then, there is War of Northern Aggression that is being conducted against the South.
Maybe this time it will have the right outcome. ]]

This time, it has become a War of Federal Agression that is being conducted against freedom-loving Americans in -all- the states.

Like you, I hope for the "right" outcome!

Deo Vindice!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 12:58:17 am »
Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners.

In my case he's right, and I'm not losing a whole lot of sleep over it.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 01:01:52 am »
For the record, the first slave owner in America was a black man.

According to colonial records, the first slave owner in the United States was a black man.

Prior to 1655 there were no legal slaves in the colonies, only indentured servants. All masters were required to free their servants after their time was up. Seven years was the limit that an indentured servant could be held. Upon their release they were granted 50 acres of land. This included any Negro purchased from slave traders. Negros were also granted 50 acres upon their release.

Anthony Johnson was a Negro from modern-day Angola. He was brought to the US to work on a tobacco farm in 1619. In 1622 he was almost killed when Powhatan Indians attacked the farm. 52 out of 57 people on the farm perished in the attack. He married a female black servant while working on the farm.

When Anthony was released he was legally recognized as a “free Negro” and ran a successful farm. In 1651 he held 250 acres and five black indentured servants. In 1654, it was time for Anthony to release John Casor, a black indentured servant. Instead Anthony told Casor he was extending his time. Casor left and became employed by the free white man Robert Parker.

Anthony Johnson sued Robert Parker in the Northampton Court in 1654. In 1655, the court ruled that Anthony Johnson could hold John Casor indefinitely. The court gave judicial sanction for blacks to own slave of their own race. Thus Casor became the first permanent slave and Johnson the first slave owner.

Whites still could not legally hold a black servant as an indefinite slave until 1670. In that year, the colonial assembly passed legislation permitting free whites, blacks, and Indians the right to own blacks as slaves.

By 1699, the number of free blacks prompted fears of a “Negro insurrection.” Virginia Colonial ordered the repatriation of freed blacks back to Africa. Many blacks sold themselves to white masters so they would not have to go to Africa. This was the first effort to gently repatriate free blacks back to Africa. The modern nations of Sierra Leone and Liberia both originated as colonies of repatriated former black slaves.

However, black slave owners continued to thrive in the United States.

By 1830 there were 3,775 black families living in the South who owned black slaves. By 1860 there were about 3,000 slaves owned by black households in the city of New Orleans alone.

http://topconservativenews.com/2012/03/americas-first-slave-owner-was-a-black-man/
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 01:12:34 am »
For the record, the first slave owner in America was a black man.

Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 01:38:02 am »
Absolutely!

There are still slave owners today. Right now. Most of them are Black and in Africa, but there are also many in the Middle East, and all over Asia.

Blacks love to talk about 'slavery' as if it only happened in America, and was only done by White people. 'Slavery' is very active all over the world at this very moment. And is done mostly by Black rulers in Africa.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:32 am »
Charlie Rangel accuses you and me of being descendants of slave owners

Really?

Guess who else is a descendant of slave owners?

WASHINGTON — Many people know that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's father was from Kenya and his mother from Kansas.

But an intriguing sliver of his family history has received almost no attention until now: It appears that forebears of his white mother owned slaves, according to genealogical research and census records.

The records, which had never been addressed publicly by the Illinois senator or his relatives, were first noted in an ancestry report compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner, who works at the Library of Congress and practices genealogy in his spare time. The report, on Reitwiesner's Web site, carries a disclaimer that it is a "first draft" --one likely to be examined more closely if Obama is nominated.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Baltimore Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-03-02/news/0703020128_1_william-addams-reitwiesner-slaves-mary-duvall