Author Topic: BREAKING: Emails Show Lois Lerner Fed True the Vote Tax Information to Democrat Elijah Cummings  (Read 780 times)

Offline flowers

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/04/09/new-emaisl-show-lois-lerner-fed-information-about-true-the-vote-to-democrat-elijah-cummings-n1822247

New IRS emails released by the House Oversight Committee show staff working for Democratic Ranking Member Elijah Cummings communicated with the IRS multiple times between 2012 and 2013 about voter fraud prevention group True the Vote. True the Vote was targeted by the IRS after applying for tax exempt status more than two years ago. Further, information shows the IRS and Cummings' staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, indicating coordination and improper sharing of confidential taxpayer information.

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa, along with five Subcommittee Chairmen are demanding Cummings provide an explanation for the staff inquiries to the IRS about True the Vote and for his denial that his staff ever contacted the IRS about the group.

“Although you have previously denied that your staff made inquiries to the IRS about conservative organization True the Vote that may have led to additional agency scrutiny, communication records between your staff and IRS officials – which you did not disclose to Majority Members or staff – indicates otherwise,” the letter to Cummings states. “As the Committee is scheduled to consider a resolution holding Ms. Lerner, a participant in responding to your communications that you failed to disclose, in contempt of Congress, you have an obligation to fully explain your staff’s undisclosed contacts with the IRS.”

The first contact between the IRS and Cummings' staffers about True the Vote happened in August 2012. In January 2013, staff asked for more information from the IRS about the group. Former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS Lois Lerner went out of her way to try and get information to Cummings' office.The information Cummings received was not shared with Majority Members on the Committee.

On January 28, three days after staffers requested more information, Lerner wrote an email to her deputy Holly Paz, who has since been put on administrative leave, asking, “Did we find anything?” Paz responded immediately by saying information had not been found yet, to which Lerner replied, “Thanks, check tomorrow please.”

Offline happyg

No wonder he is so cantankerous at the hearings. He should be sitting where Lerner sat, instead of being on the committee. He needs jail time for the deception.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So this was information prior to their tax exempt status being approved which means, they were still a private entity, thus, this is a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The IRS is a political weapon and has no place in any society which would call itself FREE! We need to get rid of the Marxist income tax - which requires the IRS for it's administration - and return to the type of taxation universally endorsed by our founders! Taxes on articles of consumption! http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
No wonder he is so cantankerous at the hearings. He should be sitting where Lerner sat, instead of being on the committee. He needs jail time for the deception.

yah...gotta wonder what Cummings may be guilty of...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can just imagine the scene if Mr. Cummings were a Republican and True the Vote a liberal organization.

Amen Brother!

You would be bombarded with this 24/7 for the next 6 months!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

As our Next President says: "What difference at this point does it make!"?

Offline IZZY ANN