Author Topic: Dem Senator’s ‘Volcanic’ Reaction to Paycheck Fairness Act’s Failure  (Read 402 times)

Offline happyg

Hulk, smash!

Via Noah Rothman:

On Wednesday, by a vote of 53 to 44, the Paycheck Fairness Act failed to pass the U.S. Senate. The bill’s lead sponsor, Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), took to the Senate floor after the vote and released a series withering criticisms of her colleagues and the state of affairs in the upper chamber of Congress.

“No wonder people are fed up with us,” Mikulski said. “They wonder about us why, when all is said and done, why more gets said than gets done.”

“I’ll tell you what I’m tired of hearing,” she continued, “that somehow or other we’re too emotional when we talk.” [...]

“I get angry, I get outraged, I get volcanic,” Mikulski asserted.

Addressing the criticism that the bill would have made it more likely employees would sue their employers or that performance-based raises would be curtailed by this bill, the senator dismissed those claims. “If they’re afraid of lawsuits, they ought to follow the law,” she insisted.

Watch the clip below via NBC News at link:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dem-senators-volcanic-reaction-to-paycheck-fairness-acts-failure/