Author Topic: 'In my defense, "I was in a drunken stupor"': Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus poses topless for Rolling Stone with the US Constitution etched on her back  (Read 2702 times)

Offline happyg

By Juliet Paylor

Julia Louis-Dreyfus has bravely ventured into territory few women in their 50s have gone before her.

The actress and comedienne has posed topless for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine - on newsstands on Friday - her back turned to the camera as she looks over her shoulder, eyebrows raised, mouth open in a cheeky manner, clad in nothing but the United States Constitution.

The brazen brunette is rather accurately dubbed the 'First lady of comedy' in the coverline as they follow her journey from Seinfeld sidekick to the Vice President of the United States in her hit HBO series Veep, which kicked off its third season on Sunday.

'The first lady of comedy': Julia Louis-Dreyfus is clad in nothing more than the words of her founding fathers, the United States Constitution written on her back as she poses topless for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, on newsstands on Friday

'I think I'm about to get some more Twitter followers...' she tweeted on Tuesday, before sharing a sneak peek photo of the magazine cover with comment: 'In my defense, "I was in a drunken stupor" #crackexcuse.'

The 53-year-old is fresh-faced and fabulous in the image, with her dark locks styled in voluminous, tousled waves cascading around her.

She holds her hands up to cover her modesty, while the tiniest hint of her derrière can be seen.

In the accompanying interview, the mom-of-two opens up about the freedom of speech that comes with having a show on the cable network, which has less strict guidelines when it comes to language and nudity.

'Once, when we were trying to come up with the particular perfect, horrible, swear-y thing to say in Veep, I said, "You do realise that if we were 12, we would get in big trouble for this conversation,"'
she laughs.

'That was not part of the curriculum in high school, and the fact that it is now a part of the curriculum of my life is a pleasure, which is the understatement of the universe.'

Contributing editor Vanessa Grigoriadis, who conducted the candid interview, also notes that a Senate aid confirms to the publication that Veep is 'way more realistic than House Of Cards... It works because it's revealing truths.'

While she may be one of the country's top comedic exports, Julia admits she's experienced her fair share of sexism during her illustrious career - which includes four Golden Globe nominations and one win, as well as 16 Emmy nods including four wins for her TV work alone.

'There is sexism – I'm not denying its existence,' she says. 'But I'm saying that I will deny its effort against me. I just pay it no nevermind and say, "Get out of my way."'

Despite the fact that her father, Gérard Louis-Dreyfus, is a billionaire who runs the Louis Dreyfus Corporation, the actress stands apart from her wealthy family, insisting she is far from in the same league when it comes to her own personal wealth, contrary to reports.

'I've been attached to that,' she says. 'It's unbelievable, because whatever I do, people just assume it's true. Welcome to the f***in' Internet.'

Pictures at link:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2600311/Veep-star-Julia-Louis-Dreyfus-poses-topless-Rolling-Stone-US-Constitution-etched-back.html#ixzz2yPcHQSDf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline rustynail

Menopause can cause confusion and other cognitive difficulties.

Offline happyg

:silly: Just the opposite for me. It took me 50 years to get my sh*t together!  ^-^

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Sort of brings new meaning to the signature "John Hancock."

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

000hehehehe 

She looks great - fifties or not!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:42:57 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:12:35 pm by flowers »

Offline mountaineer

Nah, she's just a run of the mill looney lefty.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I just noticed it's the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution, on her back.  I guess a British pub like Daily Mail can't be expected to know the difference.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Airbrushing does wonders.

Photoshop is a gift to every celebrity no matter what their age.

I just noticed it's the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution, on her back.  I guess a British pub like Daily Mail can't be expected to know the difference.

It's the Constitution.  You can see "We the People" and "Article 1" clearly.  Whoever put John Hancock at the bottom is an idiot.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When I saw this photo this afternoon. Two things stood out to me.

First, there is a fairly distinct difference between her face and her body below the neck. Why wouldn't they have washed the forehead, or her crow's feet? That confused me.

Second, The dimples on her butt gave it away for me in terms of airbrushing. There is no 'mother of two' who still has dimples. It dosen't work that way. At least it doesn't work like that in my world. Reminds me of the movie 300.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

First, there is a fairly distinct difference between her face and her body below the neck. Why wouldn't they have washed the forehead, or her crow's feet? That confused me.

Second, The dimples on her butt gave it away for me in terms of airbrushing. There is no 'mother of two' who still has dimples. It dosen't work that way. At least it doesn't work like that in my world. Reminds me of the movie 300.

Good observation, I bet you're right!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

I doubt she ever had dimples there. Good call!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She's got dimples in the small of her back.............OMG!    My heart!      :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

She doesn't look all that bad, and they might have even included the signatures of the other signers, for authenticity's sake.

Count your blessings: it might have been Rosie O'Donnell on the cover, in which case Rolling Stone would have been able to reproduce, via ersatz tatoo, the entire Federalist Papers.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She doesn't look all that bad, and they might have even included the signatures of the other signers, for authenticity's sake.

Count your blessings: it might have been Rosie O'Donnell on the cover, in which case Rolling Stone would have been able to reproduce, via ersatz tatoo, the entire Federalist Papers.

....with dog-eared pages and all!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

or the communist manifesto.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org