Author Topic: Hank Aaron Compares Obama Opponents to KKK: They Wear 'Neckties and Starched Shirts' Instead of Hoods  (Read 2191 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/04/08/Hank-Aaron-Compares-Obama-Opponents-to-KKK-They-Wear-Neckties-and-Starched-Shirts-Instead-of-Hoods

by Tony Lee 8 Apr 2014

On the 40th anniversary of his momentous 715th home run that broke Babe Ruth's MLB home run record, which is the most meaningful in all of sports, Hank Aaron equated Republicans who oppose President Barack Obama's policies to the KKK.

Aaron implied that conservatives are racists who now wear "neckties and starched shirts" instead of hoods.

In an interview with USA Today's Bob Nightengale on Tuesday, "Hammerin' Hank" lamented that the country has not progressed far enough on race relations, saying that though the nation has a black president, "President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he's treated."

"We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country," Aaron said. "The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts."

Aaron received death threats as he was nearing Ruth's record 40 years ago. And when he finally slugged No. 715 off of Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Al Downing at Atlanta's Fulton County Stadium, legendary Dodgers announcer Vin Scully remarked that Aaron's poker face gave way and the "tremendous strain" that he had experienced and the "relief" from it finally showed. Scully also remarked that it was a marvelous moment as a "black man was getting a standing ovation in the deep South for breaking the record of an all-time baseball idol."

Aaron's remarks are similar to those that agitator Al Sharpton repeatedly makes about those who oppose Obama or the Congressional Black Caucus's agenda, likening them to Jim Crow's sons. Or, in Sharpton's words, "James Crow, Jr., Esq."

The Braves wore throwback uniforms to honor Aaron before Tuesday night's game against the New York Mets at Turner Field.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hank Aaron is living proof that you do not need a lot of brains in order to hit a baseball!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

The biggest racist and most divisive person in the country is the community organizer in the White House, Mr. Aaron.   :nono:

Offline rustynail

Offline musiclady

Another hero bites the dust......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I read that article. I also note that in the same interview, he bemoaned the fact that fewer black people were playing baseball, implying on no uncertain terms that it was racism at the cause of it.

Never mind the boom in Hispanic and Asian players in the game, or that black players are gravitating toward sports such as football and basketball, where public schools drive most of the competitions, or that baseball has a strong family component and that the family unit in many black communities is imploding rapidly.

No, it must be racism, according to Aaron.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

So is the small number of white NBA players due to racism?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So is the small number of white NBA players due to racism?

Nope.  It is impossible for creepy-assed crackas to be victims of racism.  Physically impossible. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline musiclady

Yep!

And when I think about the REAL racism Aaron endured (from the Democrat KKK), and that most of his REAL fans were made up of us 'racist' Republicans, I get even angrier.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

And when I think about the REAL racism Aaron endured (from the Democrat KKK), and that most of his REAL fans were made up of us 'racist' Republicans, I get even angrier.
It is amazing how the left is winning this racist fight. Very sad and extremely troubling. Jay-Z wearing that evil whitey medallion is a example of how troubling this is. Never thought I would see  a race war in my lifetime, I just may.

Offline katzenjammer

Another hero bites the dust......

Too bad, I used to like Hank and think highly of him.  No more.

Offline musiclady

It is amazing how the left is winning this racist fight. Very sad and extremely troubling. Jay-Z wearing that evil whitey medallion is a example of how troubling this is. Never thought I would see  a race war in my lifetime, I just may.

I think, after this radical leftist, racist administration, that it's almost a sure thing.

I can't believe how far we've fallen, and how fast.....

Offline katzenjammer

I think, after this radical leftist, racist administration, that it's almost a sure thing.

I can't believe how far we've fallen, and how fast.....

Oh yes, I agree. They've deliberating been stoking racial divisions (along with every other division that they can exploit) that had all but disappeared from most of America years ago.  They are doing virtually everything possible to destroy this nation from within, along with damaging our standing in the rest of the world.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Rush Limbaugh
30 mins ·
One of the men that I idolized growing up -- one of the men who I wanted to be like growing up, Hank Aaron, who's now 80, who broke the Babe Ruth home-run record -- is out there saying the Republican Party is today's KKK. It's just sad. It's just so silly.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Oh yes, I agree. They've deliberating been stoking racial divisions (along with every other division that they can exploit) that had all but disappeared from most of America years ago.  They are doing virtually everything possible to destroy this nation from within, along with damaging our standing in the rest of the world.

Exactly.  They are riling up people who have fought against racism, and worked hard not to have any bigotry inside us, by calling us racists every single day. 

The Democrat politicians are doing it.  The leftist media are doing it.  Hollywood/entertainment is doing it.  Sportscasters are doing it.

And now, Hank Aaron is doing it.

It's ugly, and it's a total lie.

But it's magnifying what was a shrinking racial divide and turning into an insurmountable canyon.

I HATE what they're doing!

Offline SouthTexas

Most frustrating to me is the massive ignorance displayed by these people.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The KKK was founded as the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton