Author Topic: Texas woman calls cops to complain about bad marijunana  (Read 508 times)

rangerrebew

Texas woman calls cops to complain about bad marijunana
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:31:23 am »
Texas Woman Calls Cops to Complain About Bad Marijuana

by Betty Butter • 8 April, 2014 • Crime • 1 Comment

A woman in Texas saw fit to dial 911 to complain about some bad marijuana.  She must have believed some urban legend going around the ‘hood that marijuana is legal in Texas.

From The Examiner:

Uriel Sinai/Getty Images and Angelina County Jail

A thirty-seven year old woman from Lufkin, Texas was so displeased with the quality of some weed she purchased from a local dealer, that she allegedly dialed 911 to complain.

On Monday, April 7, The Huffington Post reported that Lufkin police responded to the residence of East Texas stoner and unhappy pot purchaser, Evelyn Hamilton, and promptly arrested her on Friday following that call.

Sgt. David Casper with the Lufkin police said that one of his officers was dispatched to Hamilton’s home to hear her complaint in person.

Hamilton informed the officer that after purchasing the substandard stash, the dealer refused to return her money. The woman told the officer that she ended up spending $40 for “seeds and residue.”

When the officer asked Hamilton if she still had any of the weed, Casper said that she produced a small amount of marijuana that she pulled out of her bra.

Lufkin police arrested Hamilton and charged her with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police did not say whether or not she was stoned when she made that 911 call.

In Texas, according to Norml, “Possession of 2 ounces or less of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 180 days imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $2,000.”

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/texas-woman-calls-cops-complain-bad-marijuana/#VZj3mvLuDv0pF55D.99
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:31:46 am by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

Re: Texas woman calls cops to complain about bad marijunana
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:01:30 pm »
Everyone's first reaction: "what a stupid woman!"  Sure, that's fair enough.

But, possession punishable by up to 180 days in jail and fine up to $2000? Really?  **nononono*

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:34:09 pm »
I'll bet she voted for Obama - if she voted. :thud:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:59 pm »

But, possession punishable by up to 180 days in jail and fine up to $2000? Really?  **nononono*

She will walk! I'll guarantee it!

But she should do ninety days for being criminally STUPID!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:51:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:21:40 pm »
They walk among us
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »

That's a whole lot better than what it was 40 odd years ago.  Paraphernalia was 2-5.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:55 am »
There aren't enough jails to go around ... even in Texas.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:03 pm »
This wouldn’t even be news here in Washington where both medical and recreational use is now legal. Well at least it would get no more coverage than someone calling 911 because McDonald’s forgot to add the second all beef patty to a double cheeseburger.  Here the Pot Shops are popping up faster than video stores in the 80s. Two opened up three doors from each other just 2 miles from my house, and in a residential area. The voters of my state were so stupid. They let the genie out of the bottle and they are beginning to regret it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn