Author Topic: 1000s of Utah students brown bag to avoid government madated school lunches  (Read 565 times)

rangerrebew

1000′s of Utah Students Brown Bag It to Avoid Government Mandated School Lunches

by Betty Butter • 8 April, 2014 • Politics • 1 Comment

Tweet3 Share1 Reddit0 0 0 Email0 Share4

obama-subway-michelle-2-700x483You aren’t the boss of us!  That’s the message thousands of students in one Utah district are giving to the long arm of the Federal government’s reach over what student can and cannot eat, nationwide.  The youngest slaves on the plantation are in revolt against government mandated school lunches.

From EAG News:

WASHINGTON TERRACE, Utah – Thousands of students in Utah’s Weber School District no longer eat lunch at school because of “healthier” federal lunch regulations imposed on schools by First Lady Michelle Obama and federal bureaucrats.

At least 2,000 fewer students are eating lunch at the Weber School District’s 44 schools since federal officials imposed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010 on the nation’s schools. The federal lunch program overhaul requires school lunch supervisors to adhere to strict sodium and calorie counts and other requirements, the Standard-Examiner reports.

The changes mean schools that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program must use breads made of at least 50 percent whole grains, increase vegetable and fruit servings, and decrease meat and bread portion sizes.

The regulations also force schools to limit the number of calories in school meals, and to withhold extra helpings, which has drawn complaints from parents of student athletes, Weber school officials told the news site.

“We’ve had comments from parents saying their son plays football, and he is not getting enough to eat,” said Kathleen Harris, the district’s child nutrition program supervisor.

In the past, new school menus resulted in a temporary decrease in students eating lunch at school, followed by an increase once students adapt. But since 2010, Weber officials said, there’s been a steady decline, despite efforts by school leaders to bring parents in for taste tests and recipe contests, the news site reports.

More students than ever are bringing their lunches from home, and it’s a nationwide trend, Harris said.

“Everybody’s down because of these changes,” she said.

Read more here

No one likes to be fascistically controlled.  What the Federal government is doing is no different than forcing a vegan to eat meat, an animal rights activist to eat foie gras, or an orthodox Jew to eat pork.

With recent studies having shown that vegans suffer higher rates of cancer, allergies and chronic illnesses, with this Federal mandate to cut down meat portions, the government will one day have had a hand in causing an increase of illness and death in the thousands.  The high carb, low protein diet has already contributed to higher increases in the rates of obesity and diabetes in millions of Americans.  Now, a new study has shown that vegans have a higher rate of cancer, allergies and chronic illnesses. (See “I Like Vegetarians.  They Leave More Meat for Me.“)

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/1000s-utah-students-brown-bag-avoid-government-mandated-school-lunches/#KDUWTjRYeqeIfyjU.99

Offline mountaineer

Some schools try to control what the kids bring from home.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

Some schools try to control what the kids bring from home.  **nononono*

A few years ago, I packed lunches for my granddaughter and myself for a program at her school. It was Grandparents Day, and the activities were outside. I fixed turkey sandwiches, a salad, and some fruit, along with bottled water at the request of Kenna. It wasn't so much nutrition, but what she liked to eat. One of the teachers commented on her healthy lunch, and then came back later, to comment again. Even then, I thought, what the heck, are they checking all the lunches to use against parents later on?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I got tired of hearing my grandsons complain and coming home so hungry, some days the 8yo only ate a bun from some mystery meat sandwich, that I went and got them lunchbags and food for their lunches..how many kids like to eat red pepper sticks which seems to be on the menu every other day!!!..I printed out their monthly school menu and they checked what they liked and on the days they didn't like what was served they bring their lunches......I try to make it healthy but occasionally there is a Ding Dong or treat in it for a surprise..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

My grandkids that live behind me, come over once in a while and pack lunches. They say I have better stuff than their parents. That means Twinkies, cookies, and things like that. I don't think about nutrition for them because that is what parents are for. LOL! All are in sports, healthy, and none of them are overweight, so to heck with rules.

I do have one grandson who is picky, but what he does like is healthy. It bugs us, but he absolutely refuses to try new things. Another grandson did that, but as he grew, so did his appetite, and now, he's a strapping army dude.

rangerrebew

only ate a bun from some mystery meat sandwich,

In the Navy we also had gross beast in addition to mystery meat.  Yum, yum. :patriot: