Author Topic: 1000s of Utah students brown bag to avoid government madated school lunches  (Read 415 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online mountaineer

Some schools try to control what the kids bring from home.  **nononono*
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline happyg

Some schools try to control what the kids bring from home.  **nononono*

A few years ago, I packed lunches for my granddaughter and myself for a program at her school. It was Grandparents Day, and the activities were outside. I fixed turkey sandwiches, a salad, and some fruit, along with bottled water at the request of Kenna. It wasn't so much nutrition, but what she liked to eat. One of the teachers commented on her healthy lunch, and then came back later, to comment again. Even then, I thought, what the heck, are they checking all the lunches to use against parents later on?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
I got tired of hearing my grandsons complain and coming home so hungry, some days the 8yo only ate a bun from some mystery meat sandwich, that I went and got them lunchbags and food for their lunches..how many kids like to eat red pepper sticks which seems to be on the menu every other day!!!..I printed out their monthly school menu and they checked what they liked and on the days they didn't like what was served they bring their lunches......I try to make it healthy but occasionally there is a Ding Dong or treat in it for a surprise..lol

Support the USO

Offline happyg

My grandkids that live behind me, come over once in a while and pack lunches. They say I have better stuff than their parents. That means Twinkies, cookies, and things like that. I don't think about nutrition for them because that is what parents are for. LOL! All are in sports, healthy, and none of them are overweight, so to heck with rules.

I do have one grandson who is picky, but what he does like is healthy. It bugs us, but he absolutely refuses to try new things. Another grandson did that, but as he grew, so did his appetite, and now, he's a strapping army dude.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
only ate a bun from some mystery meat sandwich,

In the Navy we also had gross beast in addition to mystery meat.  Yum, yum. :patriot:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf