Author Topic: GOP lawmaker suggests Eric Holder should be in jail to his face  (Read 1218 times)

rangerrebew

GOP lawmaker suggests Eric Holder should ‘be in jail’ — to his face! [VIDEO]

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 8:41 PM 04/08/2014 In | No Comments

Texas Republican congressman Blake Farenthold refused to ask Eric Holder questions during a Judiciary Committee hearing Tuesday, saying the attorney general should “be in jail” for ignoring congressional subpoenas instead of testifying before Congress.

Farenthold’s turn for questions came towards the end of a contentious hearing. The lawmaker explained that he would not exercise his right to question the witness as a protest against Holder’s refusal to comply with congressional subpoenas for documents related to the IRS’ Tea Party targeting investigation.

“I’m committed to maintaining the constitutional balance of power and the authority this branch, this legislative branch, has,” Farenthold said. “And I just don’t think it’s appropriate that Mr. Holder be here.”

“If an American citizen had not complied with one of the Justice Department subpoenas, they would be in jail, not testifying,” he noted. “But I realize there are questions to be asked, and I’ll yield the remainder of my time to [South Carolina Republican congressman] Trey Gowdy.”

Believe it or not, a lawmaker accusing the attorney general of criminal activity was not the most contentious moment of Tuesday morning’s hearing. Farenthold’s comments were overshadowed by Holder’s tense altercation with Louie Gohmert, another Texas Republican (RELATED: Eric Holder explodes at GOP rep: ‘You don’t want to go there, buddy!’).

WATCH, via Right Scoop:

[h/t Right Scoop]

Follow Brendan on Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/08/gop-lawmaker-suggests-eric-holder-should-be-in-jail-to-his-face-video/

Offline happyg

Re: GOP lawmaker suggests Eric Holder should be in jail to his face
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »
I hope his comments are more than just lip service.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:14:44 am »
I hope his comments are more than just lip service.

Sorry to be a cynic, but are Congressmen's/Senator's comments EVER more than 'just lip service?'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:53:16 am »
Sorry to be a cynic, but are Congressmen's/Senator's comments EVER more than 'just lip service?'

Wishful thinking.  :whistle:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 01:06:58 am »
Have the idiot 'Liberals' who thought it would be a good idea to have Black people running things in America, ever looked at any country that is run by Black people? Every single country that is run by Black people is an extremely corrupt chaotic mess. What were they thinking? We want that here, in America?

Eric Holder is no attorney general. He is a radical open and proud 'racist', and is an anti-White, anti-America activist.

Ok America. Ok hippies. You wanted to know what would happen if you put Black people in charge. Well, here it is. Welcome to your utopia.

When Holder said that, "Buddy" statement and his "Asparagus" remark, he may have well just said, "F**k You!" to all of Congress, and frankly to all of America as a whole.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:39 am »
IMO...the author abused dramatic license.

He used the third person, didn't he?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »
Wishful thinking.  :whistle:

Yeah........................you gotta do that once in a while to keep your sanity.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »
Have the idiot 'Liberals' who thought it would be a good idea to have Black people running things in America, ever looked at any country that is run by Black people? Every single country that is run by Black people is an extremely corrupt chaotic mess. What were they thinking? We want that here, in America?

Eric Holder is no attorney general. He is a radical open and proud 'racist', and is an anti-White, anti-America activist.

Ok America. Ok hippies. You wanted to know what would happen if you put Black people in charge. Well, here it is. Welcome to your utopia.

When Holder said that, "Buddy" statement and his "Asparagus" remark, he may have well just said, "F**k You!" to all of Congress, and frankly to all of America as a whole.

I've got to (strongly) disagree with you on this one.  It depends entirely on who the 'black people' are.

The problem in this country now is not that Obama and Holder are black, but rather that they are amoral radical leftists.

A country run by Ben Carson, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Ken Blackwell, Condi Rice, etc. would be in great shape.

Let's zero in on the real problem.

It's NOT race.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »
Couldn't agree with you more. My remarks were truely much too broad in scope. I should have said radical militant Black people.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 02:42:36 pm »
Couldn't agree with you more. My remarks were truely much too broad in scope. I should have said radical militant Black people.

:patriot:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 01:28:05 am »
musiclady writes:
[[ I've got to (strongly) disagree with you on this one.  It depends entirely on who the 'black people' are.
The problem in this country now is not that Obama and Holder are black, but rather that they are amoral radical leftists.
A country run by Ben Carson, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Ken Blackwell, Condi Rice, etc. would be in great shape. ]]

I've thought about this, and I as much as I'd like to believe it myself, I cannot.

No matter how "conservative" a black president might be, I sense that slowly he would be "compromised" by the race issue, if only to try to win or keep the approval of other blacks. The pressure to do so would be beyond intense. It would be literally irresistible.

I sense that perhaps Clarence Thomas might be able to shuck such pressure off, perhaps a very few others, but the chance of a black conservative rising this far politically is next to zero (hey, we gotz our own "zero" in office now, right?).

Condi Rice? Not so long ago, wasn't she, too, fawning over Obama?
And remember how many "conservatives" were cooin' over Colin Powell. Who'd he vote for?

Nope, 240B was dead-on right above.

I would not vote for a black for president for this reason.

Guess you can call me a racis' if you wish.

Before you do, however, realize that I -have- voted for a black guy for U.S. Representative, two or three times (Gary Franks). But he wasn't running for president...

[[ It's NOT race... ]]

Please don't. Anytime someone says to you "it's not race".... it -is- about race. That's just the way it is in America today. Can't get rid of it. Have to learn to confront it for what it is...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 02:37:06 am »
musiclady writes:
[[ I've got to (strongly) disagree with you on this one.  It depends entirely on who the 'black people' are.
A country run by Ben Carson, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Ken Blackwell, Condi Rice, etc. would be in great shape. ]]

I've thought about this, and I as much as I'd like to believe it myself, I cannot.

No matter how "conservative" a black president might be, I sense that slowly he would be "compromised" by the race issue, if only to try to win or keep the approval of other blacks. The pressure to do so would be beyond intense. It would be literally irresistible.

I sense that perhaps Clarence Thomas might be able to shuck such pressure off, perhaps a very few others, but the chance of a black conservative rising this far politically is next to zero (hey, we gotz our own "zero" in office now, right?).

Condi Rice? Not so long ago, wasn't she, too, fawning over Obama?
And remember how many "conservatives" were cooin' over Colin Powell. Who'd he vote for?

Nope, 240B was dead-on right above.

I would not vote for a black for president for this reason.

Guess you can call me a racis' if you wish.

Before you do, however, realize that I -have- voted for a black guy for U.S. Representative, two or three times (Gary Franks). But he wasn't running for president...

[[ It's NOT race... ]]

Please don't. Anytime someone says to you "it's not race".... it -is- about race. That's just the way it is in America today. Can't get rid of it. Have to learn to confront it for what it is...

Well, it doesn't have to be that way.  But if you want to give up the fight and say it is, go for it.

I refuse to put all blacks in one little box, and I refuse to believe that the color of one's skin determines the content of one's character, or for that matter, one's heart and mind.

If you want to emulate the left and see everything through the prism of race, it's your right.

And it's my right to say you are dead wrong.