Author Topic: Fort Hood Soldier: Unarmed, I Had to Lie Down and Wait to Die  (Read 414 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/04/08/Fort-Hood-Soldier-Unarmed-I-Had-To-Lie-Prostrate-On-The-Ground-And-Wait-To-Die

On April 7th, First Lieutenant Patrick Cook of the 49th Transportation Battalion, Fort Hood, posted an open letter to Congress explaining the helpless condition he found himself in when Army Spc. Ivan Lopez opened fire on April 2nd.

The helplessness was due to restrictions that prevented Cook and other soldiers from being armed.

Cook wrote:

When the first shots rang out, my hand reached to my belt for something that wasn't there. Something that could have put a stop to the bloodshed, could have made it merely an "ugly incident" instead of the horrific massacre that I will surely remember as the darkest twenty minutes of my life.

Stripped of my God-given Right to arm myself, the only defensive posture I had left was to lie down prostrate on the ground, and wait to die.

Cook said he watched as Sergeant First Class Daniel Ferguson recieved a gunshot wound that would prove fatal, yet continued to press his body against a door to keep Lopez from entering the room. Cook said: "I can still taste [Ferguson's] blood in my mouth from

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Fort Hood Soldier: Unarmed, I Had to Lie Down and Wait to Die
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 03:39:57 am »
Lt. Cook -

It gets better. I promise you that on my soul.

It weren't your fault. You were unarmed, in what should be a safe space, and you dipped and went for it anyway. I'd have you at my back any bleep time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink