Author Topic: Was this kid suspended for bringing a pencil to school?  (Read 426 times)

rangerrebew

Was this kid suspended for bringing a pencil to school?
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:36:33 pm »
Featured StoriesNews   

Was This Kid Suspended For Bringing A Pencil To School?

"Zero-tolerance" rules strike again...

In generations past, a pencil was one of several tools students were expected to have with them during the school day. Today, however, absurd zero-tolerance rules mean a child can face serious consequences for simply holding one.

According to reports, a Vernon, N.J. seventh grader was not only suspended for what he said was nothing more than twirling a pencil – he also faced five hours of physical and psychological analysis.

Ethan Chaplin said the ordeal began earlier in the day when a classmate was bullying him. The targeting continued, he said, when the alleged bully saw him twirling his pencil.

According to Ethan’s account, the other student said, “He’s making gun motions; send him to juvie!”

Apparently, that is all it takes to land a student in hot water. Ethan was promptly suspended and forced to undergo evaluation to determine if he would be allowed to return. He reportedly passed the tests with flying colors.

Perhaps worst of all, Ethan explained, is the fact that school officials refused to hear his account of the incident.

“I’m absolutely livid,” his dad, Michael, said. “I think it’s gross misconduct at its finest. They took something so minimal and took it so far over the edge.”

Charles Maranzano, the district’s superintendent, obviously sees it differently.

“We never know what’s percolating in the minds of children,” he concluded, explaining that whenever students “demonstrate behaviors that raise red flags, we must do our duty.”

He explained that the way administrators handled Ethan’s situation was standard procedure upon receiving an accusation from one student against another. Ethan’s indictment against his accuser, however, seems to have fallen on deaf ears among those anxious to subject him to psychological evaluation.

Even after his results came back, Ethan still did not know when he would be welcomed back at his school.

School administrators are so overly sensitive to gun-related threats that any modicum of common sense has long been eradicated from most campuses. As initial reports surrounding this incident suggest, a passing comment from an alleged bully is all a school needs to treat another student as a potentially psychotic criminal.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/kid-suspended-bringing-pencil-school/#DqRBSQ4fYP44y4mE.99

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Was this kid suspended for bringing a pencil to school?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:44:09 pm »
Common sense is becoming more and more uncommon.

never was common....should have been called uncommon sense from the git-go.....

:smokin:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
Leftists are the 'bullys'. The only way to defeat them is to confront them.

But nobody today has the balls to do that. We all suffer from it.

America today is a shadow, of what it once was. I am proud to have lived in real America, the one before the Communists took it over.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »
The public school system is a disgrace.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org