Author Topic: Peaches Geldof, British-Jewish socialite and daughter of Bob Geldof, dead at 25  (Read 736 times)

Offline happyg

By LAUREN IZSO

Cause of death has not yet been confirmed, however investigators have ruled out foul play or substance abuse.

British journalist, television presenter and model Peaches Geldof was found dead in her home on Monday, the BBC reported. The young socialite was the the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and model Paula Yates, and the wife of Jewish musician Thomas Cohen. The reason for her death has not yet been confirmed, however it has been confirmed that there was no evidence of foul play or substance abuse.

"We are beyond pain," her father told the BBC Monday, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."

Geldof leaves behind two young sons Astala and Phaedra as well as a devastated husband, Cohen, who according to the Daily Mail, released the following statement shortly after her passing:

“My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons Astala and Phaedra and I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever.”

According to the Daily Mail, the model discovered last year that she also has Jewish roots.

“Peaches is Jewish – her grandmother is Jewish – she only discovered it last year,” her husband reportedly said. “It makes a lot of sense to me. She seems to me like a Jewish woman, the way she thinks and behaves. The first present I ever bought her was a Star of David from an antiques shop in Covent Garden. She wears and really loves it.”

According to the Algameiner, the couple were married in September 2013 in a traditional Jewish ceremony, and even danced the Hora.

Cohen reportedly said, “My parents met on a kibbutz in Israel, I’m very proud to be Jewish and a big part of me being a creative person comes from being Jewish. The eccentricity in Jewish musicians really connects with me.”

During last year’s Passover seder, Geldof shared a candid photo on her Instagram account of their authentic holiday dinner.

Picture with husband and son at link: http://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Entertainment/Peaches-Geldof-British-Jewish-socialite-and-daughter-of-Bob-Geldof-dead-at-25-347887

Offline happyg

A very interesting, complicated, complex, discussion on suicide by Andrew Sullivan:  Suicide Leaves Behind Nothing.

Thanks for the article. I've been there with friends, and almost with a loved one. The site was very interesting and thoughtful.

Offline olde north church

I think there are at least 2 types of suicide.  I can understand one.  I don't believe I'll ever be able to wrap my head around the second.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline SouthTexas

Thanks for the article. I've been there with friends, and almost with a loved one. The site was very interesting and thoughtful.

A permanent solution to a temporary problem. 

Offline flowers

Never heard of these people. Music is their claim to fame?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:24:33 pm by flowers »

Offline LambChop

Her father, Bob Geldof, is a very famous musician.

Offline katzenjammer

Bob Geldof was the leader of the Boomtown Rats, an Irish band popular a number of years ago.

Offline flowers

Bob Geldof was the leader of the Boomtown Rats, an Irish band popular a number of years ago.
Thanks....i remember the Boomtown Rats

Offline LambChop

He's much more than that.

Band Aid
Live Aid

Offline musiclady

I thought I heard that she may have had some kind of eating disorder.

Anyone else hear that?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

He's much more than that.

Band Aid
Live Aid

THAT's where I heard of him............Live Aid.

(Thanks, LambChop!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.