Author Topic: HHS “Started” Individual Obamacare Applications Prior To Deadline,Obtained Personal Info From States  (Read 409 times)

Offline happyg

Javier Manjarres

In the closing days of the open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) , the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) was mailing out letters notifying certain Americans that they had already started a healthcare coverage application on their behalf.

The HHS letter stated that the information they used to begin the application for individual Healthcare was obtain by the state agency in charge of implementing Obamacare.

The next step for the individual would be visit Healthcare.gov and complete the already started application to see if they qualify for “Marketplace coverage.”

News of the HHS letter was first mentioned by a listener of the popular “Daybreak with Drew Steele” Show on Fox 92.5, which is out of  Fort Myers, Florida.

After his radio show concluded, another listener emailed Steele telling him about receiving the same letter. The listener asked for their identity to masked because they worked for the state of Florida.

Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM
 Subject: letter from HHS
 To: drew@925foxnews.com

Hi Drew,
 I am not looking to have this read on air or my name used. I am merely wanting to have confirmation about another caller because I believe this is a pretty big story the STATE government is not talking about.

I listen every morning, but do not call in or contact you due to having a government position and I fear losing my job.

However, on Saturday of this past week I received a letter very similar to the letter I believe his name was Doug ( Doug called Wednesday A.M.) received from HHS.

It is a letter stating one of my dependents, I only have one, no longer qualifies for my insurance. I do not have said dependent on my insurance due to cost ($1000 a month).

This dependent is on Staywell Healthy Kids which is part of KidCare Florida (Staywell nor Kidcare has contacted me in regard to this matter). I do not receive subsidy due to my income but rather pay full premium for the coverage. The letter continued on to say that the State of Florida has forwarded my dependents information to them and they have set up an account for me. All I have to do is call to finish the process.

This scares me, badly. I will not finish the process as I have found coverage elsewhere, but it is a little freaky that this has happened.
All the best,

XXXX

A little freaky is right. The state of Florida is now passing personal information onto HHS, where they take the liberty of filling out an Obamacare health insurance application for you.

Is this how the Obama administration is inflating the enrollment numbers, by making it easier for people to finish the application?

Drew Steele posed this question:

Is HHS telling the state to give them info on families with dependants NOT on family policies so they could inflate the numbers? How many other states are doing it as well?”-Drew Steele

Here is how the letter reads.
You submitted an application for healthcare coverage, or made a change to your eligibility information. Your state sent your information in a secure transaction to the Health Insurance Marketplace, because you or someone on your application does not qualify for Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP). You or someone on your application will likely be able to get coverage through the Marketplace, and get help paying for health coverage…We used the information from the state agency to start an application for you on Healthcare.gov. You’ll need to complete and submit this application to see if you qualify for Marketplace coverage.

To do this, you can log into your Healthcare.gov account, or if you don’t already have an account, you can create one on Healthcare.gov.

HHS urged enrollees to “confirm” information and “choose a plan before the deadline.”

For more information about how to complete the application we started for you www.healthcare.gov/help/statetranser

When visiting this web address, you will find the exact same text that is used in the letter, except for the asking  the individual to “complete the application we started for you” part.

How many more healthcare coverage applications of unsuspecting Americans has HHS has already “started” for them?

Here is the letter HHS sent this particular Floridian to notify them of their pending Obamacare application:

http://www.shark-tank.com/2014/04/04/hhs-started-individual-obamacare-applications-prior-to-deadlineobtained-personal-info-from-states/