Author Topic: Brown to officially enter Senate race in New Hampshire on Thursday  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/07/brown-to-officially-enter-senate-race-in-new-hampshire-on-thursday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Brown to officially enter Senate race in New Hampshire on Thursday
Published April 07, 2014
FoxNews.com

Republican Scott Brown says that on Thursday he will officially enter the U.S. Senate race in New Hampshire.

Brown, a former Massachusetts GOP senator, made the announcement Monday in an email to supporters.

The announcement is welcome news for Republicans looking for a strong challenger to New Hampshire Democratic incumbent Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, in the GOP’s bid to take control of the Senate.

“After spending the last month visiting with the people of New Hampshire in their living rooms and at their workplaces hearing their concerns, I’m ready to make a big decision and I wanted you to be the first to know,” said the 54-year-old Brown, who lost his Massachusetts seat in 2012 to Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren.

Brown joined Congress after a surprise win in a 2010 special election for the open seat of Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy.

The then-state senator helped win over voters with a grassroots-style campaign that was highlighted by him traveling between campaign stops in his pickup truck -- a strategy to which he has returned.

“As I’ve traveled across the state and added miles on my truck, I’ve heard the same concerns at every stop,” Brown wrote. “You’ve told me you want a stronger economy with more good-paying jobs. ... Most of all, you want a health care system that works for New Hampshire -- not one that leaves you with higher premiums, canceled policies and fewer medical options.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Brown to officially enter Senate race in New Hampshire on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:45 pm »
Doesn't candidate Brown first need to prevail in a New Hampshire GOP primary?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln