Author Topic: Ex CIA director: Feinstein too emotional to produce objective report on torture  (Read 423 times)

rangerrebew

Ex-CIA director: Feinstein too ‘emotional’ to produce objective report on torture [VIDEO]

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 3:35 PM 04/06/2014 In | No Comments

Ex-CIA director Michael Hayden took a swipe at Democratic Senate intel chair Dianne Feinstein for her role in the release of an impending report on the CIA’s enhanced interrogation program, claiming she is too “emotional” to be objective.

Hayden spoke to Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday” about the new report, which is set to be released early next week. “The report says that more prisoners were abused than we have previously known,” Wallace explained, “and that the enhanced interrogation produced little evidence of significance.”

“Yeah, I read an article by [Washington Post columnist] David Ignatius earlier this week,” Hayden began. “He said that Senator Feinstein ‘wanted a report so scathing that it would ensure that an un-American, brutal program of detention and interrogation would never again be considered or permitted.’”

“Now that sense, that motivation for the report, Chris, may show deep emotional feeling on part of the senator,” he explained. “But I don’t think it leads you to an objective report.”

“Forgive me, because you and I both know Senator Feinstein,” Wallace responded. “I have the highest regard for her. You’re saying you think she was emotional in these conclusions?”

“What I’m saying is — first of all, Chris, you’re asking me about a report that I have no idea of its content,” Hayden backtracked. “No one responsible for that report has spoken a word of it to me, to George Tenet, to Porter Goss, to anyone else who was actually involved in these events. So it’s very hard for me to make a judgment.”

Follow Brendan on Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/06/ex-cia-director-feinstein-too-emotional-to-produce-objective-report-on-torture-video/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:06:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My friend - I rarely comment on typos, being guilty of them myself, but you REALLY need the F in the title here ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

My friend - I rarely comment on typos, being guilty of them myself, but you REALLY need the F in the title here ....

Do you mean F, as in Frank - einstein? :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :beer:

It was that or leave her with a serious compliment!!!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink