Author Topic: So, Gov. Cuomo, how is that gun registration working out for ya, ya bum  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

So, Gov. Cuomo, how is that gun registration working out for ya, ya bum!

Via Bearing Arms

Due the the tyrannical actions of Andrew Cuomo and his allies in the state legislature,  New York residents are required to register an estimated 1 million firearms designated as “assault weapons” under the NY SAFE Act by April 15.

Unfortunately for the Governor and his allies, it appears that the open revolt of most of the state’s law enforcement leaders against NY SAFE—who correctly view the law as a blatantly unconstitutional assault on the state constitution and the Second Amendment—means that noncompliance is overwhelming.

While NY State Police refuse to publicly share the number of firearms that have been registered (citing a provision of the NY SAFE Act itself), leaks purporting to be from within the agency suggest that compliance might be as low as just 3,000-5,000 firearms. There is no way to conclusively verify this paltry figure which suggests that 99.5% of New Yorkers are thumbing their noses at Albany, but it may very well be a credible figure.

I am resisting my inherent desire to roll on the floor and laugh at Cuomo and his fellow tyrants here. There is something else at play here. Law enforcement in New York is not too ken on this law either

Gun owners in New York are well aware of the fact that their county sheriffs, state police, and local officers don’t intend to enforce the law, a stance that many law enforcement leaders have announced publicly.

Knowing that the chief law enforcement officers in most counties have announced that they will not enforce the law, a non-compliance rate exceeding 95% and perhaps exceeding 98% does indeed seem plausible.

As New York Assemblyman Bill Nojay (R-Pittsford) noted previously:

“The rank and file troopers don’t want anything to do with it,” Assemblyman Bill Nojay (R-Pittsford) said Monday. “I don’t know of a single sheriff upstate who is going to enforce it.”

“If you don’t have the troopers and you don’t have the sheriffs, who have you got? You’ve got Andrew Cuomo pounding on the table in Albany,” Nojay said.

Well, I suppose Governor Cuomo is due for some more table pounding then. Here is to you Governor

http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/so-gov-cuomo-how-is-that-gun-registration-working-out-for-ya-ya-bum/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:20:11 am by rangerrebew »