Author Topic: Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George Arrive in New Zealand: Picture  (Read 1651 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kate-middleton-prince-william-prince-george-arrive-new-zealand-picture-201464

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George Arrive in New Zealand: Picture
CELEBRITY NEWS
APR. 6, 2014 AT 8:40PM BY RACHEL MCRADY

Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince George arrive in New Zealand on Monday, April 7 for their three-week official tour.
Credit: Danny Martindale/WireImage
Let the Royal Tour begin! Kate Middleton, Prince William, and their adorable son Prince George touched down in New Zealand on April 7 and gave the world the first look at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their 8-month-old boy.

Middleton, 32, wore a red Catherine Walker coat and Gina Foster hat. She is wearing a silver fern diamond and platinum broach loaned by Queen Elizabeth. The Queen first wore the broach during her Commonwealth Tour in 1954.

Her husband dressed in a navy suit with a red tie, and the third in line to the throne sported a cream sweater and white pants.

The Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George arrive at the Military Terminal at Wellington Airport on a Royal New Zealand Air Force aircraft, Monday, 7th April 2014.
Credit: Andrew Parsons/i-Images/Polaris

They flew first class on Qantas Airways, briefly stopping in Dubai before landing at Sydney International Airport. In Sydney, a boisterous George was seen wriggling and kicking as Middleton carried her son through the terminal to their New Zealand military airfare plane for a three hour flight to Wellington. Later today there will be a reception at the Government House in Wellington, which will be the royal family's New Zealand base as they travel around the country.

The family will spend the next three weeks in New Zealand and Australia on an official tour with plenty of meet and greets and photo ops.

"The Duchess has never visited either country, so this is a chance for her to meet the people of New Zealand and Australia for the first time," William's private secretary Miguel Head told the press in early March. "So, for the couple, this visit represents a wonderful opportunity on the one hand for The Duke to deepen his personal relationship with, and admiration for, New Zealand and Australia; and on the other, for the Duchess to experience some of the extraordinary warmth and hospitality for which the people of both countries are renowned the world over."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

"This all bores me."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
She is actually, quite spectacular!     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
They flew first class on Qantas Airways, briefly stopping in Dubai before landing at Sydney International Airport.

Compare and contrast to the Obamas who, separately or together, along with their army of hangers-on travel in dedicated government-owned aircraft.

I noticed that too.  The Royal Family spends less on travel than our "American Royalty". 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I noticed that too.  The Royal Family spends less on travel than our "American Royalty".

The Queen has her own version of Airforce 1. It is whatever BA aircraft happens to have just come off the maintenance cycle when she needs to go somewhere. Could be a 737, or a 777. Luck of the draw, basically. She also has a rotating set of crew - my wife wanted to try out for that, since it is light work and they go to interesting places, but she can't get a place since she is not English by birth. That is one of the conditions. English, Welsh or Scots. No Irish, ever.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink