Author Topic: Michael Moore: General Motors 'criminals' deserve death  (Read 3164 times)

Offline flowers

Michael Moore: General Motors 'criminals' deserve death
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2546611

Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore believes that whoever was responsible at General Motors for failing to recall a faulty ignition switch deserves death.

"I am opposed to the death penalty, but to every rule there is usually an exception, and in this case I hope the criminals at General Motors will be arrested and made to pay for their pre-meditated decision to take human lives for a lousy ten bucks," he wrote.

Moore blamed former President George W. Bush's transportation Department for ignoring the problem in 2007 and praised new GM CEO Mary Barra for telling the truth about the problem.

What am I missing here? How is this really Bush's fault??????? GM has been under new management since 2009, government management.

Online mountaineer

Re: Michael Moore: General Motors 'criminals' deserve death
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:24:53 pm »
Moore blamed former President George W. Bush's transportation Department for ignoring the problem in 2007
So who's to blame in Tubby's pea-sized brain? GM's CEO in 2007 or George W. Bush - or was he just looking for another excuse to blame Bush for something?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:17 pm »
So who's to blame in Tubby's pea-sized brain? GM's CEO in 2007 or George W. Bush - or was he just looking for another excuse to blame Bush for something?
The vile hatred I have for him (Moore) and his ilk has no bounds!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »
Michael Moore deserves to be chased by Ahab for the rest of his bloated, misbegotten life.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 11:07:11 am »
Shouldn't he clutched his heart in momentary agony, keeled over and fallen to the floor from a massive coronary by now?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 11:36:33 am »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2546611

What am I missing here? How is this really Bush's fault??????? GM has been under new management since 2009, government management.

the problem first came to light before 2009; begs the question, though, why GM didn't disclose it until now, while it was under domination by the federal gov't.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:37:14 am by Oceander »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:22:45 pm »
The vile hatred I have for him (Moore) and his ilk has no bounds!

Don't hate him, my friend. Ignore him, it is far crueler for him and better for you. Leftists can't abide being ignored.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 11:12:38 pm »
Don't hate him, my friend. Ignore him, it is far crueler for him and better for you. Leftists can't abide being ignored.

why?  per another discussion it seems to me he's correct.  don't they deserve death?  after all, isn't killing people out of callous profiteering worse than committing bank fraud?  wouldn't the Vietnamese put them to death?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 11:58:16 pm »

why?  per another discussion it seems to me he's correct.  don't they deserve death?  after all, isn't killing people out of callous profiteering worse than committing bank fraud?  wouldn't the Vietnamese put them to death?

Ask Steve Rattner, the smarmy little pr*ck who divvied up GM so that unions would get a seat on the board and leave the bondholders out in the cold.

Government Motors KILLED people.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:08:38 am »
Ask Steve Rattner, the smarmy little pr*ck who divvied up GM so that unions would get a seat on the board and leave the bondholders out in the cold.

I was actually referring to this thread:  Vietnam’s punishment for corrupt bankers: Death, and the discussion that EC and I got into; if the bankers deserve death for what they did, which didn't actually involve killing people, then it should stand to reason that the GM execs involved with this matter should, a fortiori, get the death penalty.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 10:34:47 pm »
Oops - sorry O, meant to reply here and totally forgot about it!

Look at intent. Who knew the switch was faulty and when? Who refused to sign off on replacing it? I mean, a whole extra dollar added to the price of a new car - a horrid thought. Who decided to delay the recall by several years? Are there any deaths directly attributable to these inactions?

Each one of them is responsible for the risk to their customers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline evadR

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:08 am »
 :amen: :amen:

:amen:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.