Author Topic: Fort Hood gunman vented on Facebook about Sandy Hook shooter, Iraq  (Read 490 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/05/us/fort-hood-gunman-facebook/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Lanza wanted his minute of fame, Fort Hood shooter writes

Lopez wrote that Lanza "pretends to be a victim of a mental illness followed by addiction to violent video games" and that the shooter sought "international attention" and a "minute of fame as a villain."

He added, "It is stupid to me that anyone can have easy access to a powerful weapon without being mentally evaluated. This makes the government indirect accomplice... These bastards have perfected their way of attacking studying previous massacres to gain publicity and their minute of fame as a villain. But thanks to Hollywood and the sensational profiling by the media [they] give more power to those intelligent cowards."

Another post dealt with his time in Iraq: "Celebrating life. It has been exactly 1 year and 2 days since left Iraq seeing in Fallujah the most brutal explosion... I was left paralyzed and started a discussion over the radio... I was only focused on breathing deeply so that I don't lose focus and continue the mission. [Those] were hours of agony waiting for an attack by the insurgency but we were able to exit Fallujah all alive. I was in vehicle #6.The worst was that #5 was a diesel truck, the perfect target. And I was only thinking about getting back with my family."

Lopez added: "To be in the line of fire is f----- up but even more f----- is the suffering of the families."

Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, the post's commanding general, said Lopez did not experience direct combat in Iraq.

"So far, we have not discovered any specific traumatic event, wounds received in action, contact with the enemy or anything else specific that he may have been exposed to while deployed," the general said.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Fort Hood gunman vented on Facebook about Sandy Hook shooter, Iraq
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 01:18:54 pm »
So much for gathering MetaData.......... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Re: Fort Hood gunman vented on Facebook about Sandy Hook shooter, Iraq
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:27:05 pm »
So much for gathering MetaData.......... :whistle:
^-^