Author Topic: ‘Seinfeld’ actor John Pinette, 50, dies in Pittsburgh hotel  (Read 453 times)

Offline Millee

John Pinette, 50, a standup comedian and actor who suffered from liver and heart disease, died of natural causes on Saturday afternoon at the Sheraton hotel in Pittsburgh, reports say.

The comedian’s personal doctor signed off on the cause of death with the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office, reported the Pittsburgh newspaper The Post-Gazette.

Authorities do not suspect foul play and an autopsy will not be performed.
FILE Ed Rode/Getty Images Pinette frequently used his obesity as a comedic trope. He suffered from liver and heart disease.

Pinette is a native of Boston. His career began in the early ‘90s with roles in movies such as “Junior” and later, “Dear God,” “Duets” and “The Punisher.”

Pinette frequently referenced his obesity as a comedic trope.

He also guest-starred in the series finale of the sitcom Seinfeld as Howie, the helpless victim of a mugging and carjacking. The incident lands Jerry Seinfeld and the gang in jail for violating the city’s Good Samaritan Law.

Pinette had to postpone several performances in 2013 when he checked into rehab for a prescription drug addiction.

He took a break from his comedy tour earlier this year to recover from several surgeries after losing weight, Pinette wrote on Twitter in January.

“I didn’t give myself enough time to heal this past fall and it has caught up with me,” Pinette said. “But I’m on the mend and I promise to hit the stage as soon as humanly possible.”

Pinette appeared at Brea Improv in Brea, Cali. in late March and was expected to perform at the Ontario Improv Comedy Club in Ontario, Cali. on April 10-13.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/seinfeld-actor-john-pinette-50-dies-pittsburgh-article-1.1747836#ixzz2yD2uraxs

I'm seriously bummed.  One of my favorites.   8888crybaby