Author Topic: Mozilla/Firefox .. Catching Hell  (Read 1118 times)

Offline mrclose

Mozilla/Firefox .. Catching Hell
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:57:58 am »

Even some gays are giving them a Whatfor!  :beer:

As a Lesbian, I'm shocked at what you did to Mr. Eich all under the pretext of 'tolerance' and 'diversity'. Do you know you violated California employment law? What a bunch of truckling cowards you are. Diversity indeed. I'm sure when the political/social winds shift once again, you'll be assuring the public how anti-gay you are. Phonies.

https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Mozilla/Firefox .. Catching Hell
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:01:26 am »
Install Pale Moon

http://www.palemoon.org/

It is based on the Firefox source code, but it not affiliate with Mozilla.  (They've made it clear that they are not affiliated at all with Mozilla.)

Most people who work on source code get nothing for it, and because it is open source, it is free for anyone to use.  So while it is the same source code that is used for FireFox, it not giving anything to Mozilla.

There is a tool you can download as well which will fully transfer all your settings, bookmarks, etc from FF to PM.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:25:49 pm »
Install Pale Moon

It is based on the Firefox source code, but it not affiliate with Mozilla.  (They've made it clear that they are not affiliated at all with Mozilla.)

Most people who work on source code get nothing for it, and because it is open source, it is free for anyone to use.  So while it is the same source code that is used for FireFox, it not giving anything to Mozilla.

There is a tool you can download as well which will fully transfer all your settings, bookmarks, etc from FF to PM.

Thank You!

Just installed. :beer:
~ Self

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »

PHFTTTTT!!!

My Firefox is now running faster and better than ever. 

:laugh:

They made a BUSINESS decision.  It didn't take into account anybody's personal feelings or POV.

The threat of a boycott to a wounded business could be avoided by letting the guy go!

They were pragmatic in their approach.

If I were a stockholder and I knew my Board of Directors risked my investment and invited all the drama, etc., including a smothering media...over ONE expendable position....I'd be pissed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

PHFTTTTT!!!

They made a BUSINESS decision.  It didn't take into account anybody's personal feelings or POV.

The threat of a boycott to a wounded business could be avoided by letting the guy go!

If I were a stockholder and I knew my Board of Directors risked my investment and invited all the drama, etc., including a smothering media...over ONE expendable position....I'd be pissed.

There's already major damage to the Mozilla brand.  Firing their CEO for a private action taken six years ago looks unreasonable to any sane person and will likely cost some of those who demanded Eich be removed THEIR jobs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:12:02 am »
IMO, tis more noble to utilize Eich as a martyr in a major backlash.

Hold up the fact that President Barack Obama was against same-sex marriage too...more recently than 2006, when Eich committed his dastardly deed.

Ask him why he can get call for a beer summit for a Harvard miscue, and tell everybody that Trayvon looked like his son....and not come out and ask that this outrage stop?

But I can see your point Sink.  It's truly a Catch-22.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:13:53 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:13:39 am »
There's already major damage to the Mozilla brand.  Firing their CEO for a private action taken six years ago looks unreasonable to any sane person and will likely cost some of those who demanded Eich be removed THEIR jobs.

oops!

I posted to the wrong comment but I see that my friend below DCPatriot  has fixed it! :beer:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:17:47 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 01:14:36 am »
Most especially since Obummer had the same opinion at the same moment in time!

I am so sick of the backing down that happens 'almost' every time the Gay Mafia threatens someone!

BTW: Chick-fil-a didn't back down and They are going great!

Matter of fact .. I read somewhere that they have actually pulled ahead of KFC in sales (with fewer outlets) since the Gay Mafia tried their boycott crap!

And.....they're closed on Sunday!   :beer:

Offline RedForemanRules

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 03:01:07 am »

PHFTTTTT!!!

If anything they've made the damage worse, not better.   They handled this situation about as poorly as they possibly could have.  Total Operation FUBAR.   

Offline collins

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 03:48:41 am »
Install Pale Moon

thanks, I will look into that browser - never used FF to begin with, not going to now for sure. They should suffer for being PC jackboots.

Offline RedForemanRules

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »
Even some gays are giving them a Whatfor!  :beer:

If you've seen their response page today, they are absolutely getting hammered.  Every person that drops their browser means less Google revenue for them.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:17 pm »
My - they are getting hammered hard! Nice find, Red!

Oh - and welcome in!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline RedForemanRules

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 11:30:53 pm »
My - they are getting hammered hard! Nice find, Red!

Oh - and welcome in!

:beer:

Thanks, I'm a FR refugee, apparently was too much of a hardcore communist to hang out there, or so I was told.   :shrug: :shrug:   

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 11:34:27 pm »

Thanks, I'm a FR refugee, apparently was too much of a hardcore communist to hang out there, or so I was told.   :shrug: :shrug:   

Most here are FR refugees..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »

:beer: :beer:

Full on zot, or stealth zot?  :whistle:

Still - think you'll like it here. We've all got our quirks and pet peeves, but it's a fun place.  :patriot:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline RedForemanRules

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 05:07:29 am »
:beer: :beer:

Full on zot, or stealth zot?  :whistle:

Still - think you'll like it here. We've all got our quirks and pet peeves, but it's a fun place.  :patriot:

The full on Jim Robinson Communist Troll zot.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:         

Because I apparently had the nerve to mention that like Rand Paul, Reagan also courted younger people and their vote. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:09:15 am by RedForemanRules »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:23 am »
The next target should be Honey Maid graham crackers.  They seem to have gay parents, well, let me post the link

http://www.christianpost.com/news/graham-cracker-producer-honey-maid-sparks-controversy-with-this-is-wholesome-ad-campaign-featuring-2-gay-men-as-parents-117414/

and they don't care about homophobe reaction to "love".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.