Author Topic: Worship services can be banned from school venues, judges rule  (Read 423 times)

rangerrebew

Worship Services Can Be Banned From School Venues, Judge Rules

03ThursdayApr 2014

Posted  by Daniel Crane in Religious Persecution, US News   

A federal appeals court on Thursday ruled that a New York City regulation banning religious worship services inside school buildings after hours was constitutional.

In a 2-1 decision, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the New York City Board of Education’s regulation, created so the city would not be perceived as endorsing religious activity in a public forum, “was consistent with its constitutional duties.”

The rule prohibits school buildings from being used for religious worship services or as a house of worship, but the city allows groups to use schools for non-religious activities.

The appeals court’s decision marks the latest chapter in a two-decade legal battle between the city’s Board of Education and religious groups over the regulation.

It reversed a June 2012 decision from U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska, who permanently enjoined the city from enforcing the ban. Preska had held that allowing the worship services did not suggest that the school would be endorsing religion.

The 2nd Circuit said the regulation reflected the Board of Education’s “reasonable concern to observe interests favored by” the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution, which provides for a separation of church and state, while avoiding “the risk of liability under that clause.”

Thursday’s ruling marked the sixth time the case, which the U.S. Supreme Court declined to review in 2011, was before the 2nd Circuit, the court said.

http://theresistanceunited.com/2014/04/03/worship-services-can-be-banned-from-school-venues-judge-rules/comment-page-1/#comment-10094
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:40:45 am by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Worship services can be banned from school venues, judges rule
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:47:16 am »
As with everything else, I am sure Muslims are somehow exempted from this 'ruling'. Today, in America, all religious 'laws' or 'rules' seem to apply only to Christians.

From what I read, many schools in America are building what they call "prayer rooms", which are for Muslims only. So not only are they 'worshipping' on school grounds, but the schools are building private rooms specifically for Muslims to worship, and some schools are actually actively proselytizing and even teaching Islam in school.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:00:01 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:46:26 am »
Worth repeating:
[[ From what I read, many schools in America are building what they call "prayer rooms", which are for Muslims only. So not only are they 'worshipping' on school grounds, but the schools are building private rooms specifically for Muslims to worship, and some schools are actually actively proselytizing and even teaching Islam in school. ]]

Who's winnin' ??

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 08:34:39 am »
Worth repeating:
[[ From what I read, many schools in America are building what they call "prayer rooms", which are for Muslims only. So not only are they 'worshipping' on school grounds, but the schools are building private rooms specifically for Muslims to worship, and some schools are actually actively proselytizing and even teaching Islam in school. ]]

Who's winnin' ??

They are.

The more relevant question is "Why are they winning?"
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:51 am »
This "judge" obviously understands the Constitution better than did Jefferson or Madison who attended worship services in a public building called the Capitol. :whistle:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 12:54:22 am »
EC wrote above:
[[ The more relevant question is "Why are they winning?" ]]

The answer to your question is simple.

Western Civilization is losing because it no longer believes in itself, as being the superior culture of the Earth. We have lost our faith.

The West has lost the will to survive, as a terminally ill individual at some point gives up on his own will to live.

Whether The West will in time regain that will and that faith, is an open question.

I sense that the moment The West understands this is going to arrive either just before, or just after "the point of no return" is reached.

But as of now, the outcome ain't lookin' so good.

Honestly -- what could turn things around ??
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:57:31 am by Fishrrman »