Author Topic: Dick Morris: GOP Leads in 7 Senate Races; McConnell in Trouble  (Read 2698 times)

Offline happyg

Republican Senate candidates now lead their rivals in seven contests, including three involving Democratic incumbents. Republicans need to win six seats to gain control of the Senate.

For an eighth seat, the Republican is tied with a Democratic incumbent. And, in a ninth contest, the GOP candidate trails the Democratic incumbent by only two points.

In the following seven races — all in seats now held by Democrats — the Republican has a lead.

(* means Republican faces significant primary)

Republicans lead in seven

Michigan

Land (R) 40
 Peters (D) 38

(Open seat; Carl Levin retired; amazing run for a Republican in deeply blue state)

North Carolina

Tillis (R) 46*
 Hagan (D) 45

(Tillis leads in tough primary; Hagan well under 50% of the vote)

Alaska

Treadwell (R) 47*
 Begich (D) 43

(Treadwell faces tough primary but Begish is way behind and further under 50 percent)

Montana

Daines (R) 51
 Walsh (D) 37

(Open seat; it's over)

Louisiana

Cassidy (R) 46
 Landrieu (D) 42

(Landrieu way under 50 percent)

South Dakota

Rounds (R) 51
 Weiland (D) 31

(Open seat; it's over)

West Virginia

Capito (R) 49
 Tennant (D) 35

(Open seat; it's over)

Republican tied in one

Arkansas

Cotton (R) 46
 Pryor (D) 46

(Pryor is under 50 percent)

Republican close in three

Iowa

Jacobs (R) 38*
 Braley (D) 41

(Open seat; Jacobs still faces tough primary, but possible pickup)

Colorado

Gardner (R) 40
 Udall (D) 42

(Udall way under 50 percent)

Minnesota

Ortman (R) 41*
 Franken (D) 44

(Franken way under 50 percent)

One possible Democrat takeaway

Kentucky

McConnell (R) 43
 Grimes (D) 42

(McConnell way under 50 percent)

So, with eleven Democratic seats leaning Republican and only one Republican seat leaning Democrat, the makings of a huge Republican sweep seem to be taking shape.

It is also worth following are Oregon, where Democrat Jeff Merkley has only 46% of the vote against his nearest rival, Jason Conger,  and New Hampshire, where Jeanne Shaheen manages only 50 percent of the vote against former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown’s 38.

The only other possible Democratic takeaway is in Georgia, but Republican front runner (in a tough primary) David Purdue leads the Democrat Michelle Nunn by 38-33.

So, at the moment, a reversal of the 55-45 Democratic majority to make it a 55-45 Republican majority seems possible.

© Dick Morris & Eileen McGann

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/DickMorris-senate-republican-control/2014/04/05/id/563854#ixzz2y1jcQIp5
 Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Dick Morris: GOP Leads in 7 Senate Races; McConnell in Trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 04:20:31 pm »
Taking over both House of Congress at this point in time in our history is like being promoted to Captain on the Titanic after the iceberg incident.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:20:49 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 04:41:40 pm »
Taking over both House of Congress at this point in time in our history is like being promoted to Captain on the Titanic after the iceberg incident.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:39:48 pm »

Yep.  Talk about a Catch-22!  The Republicans are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  If they do take the Senate - you know THEY are going to be blamed for everything that is going wrong.  If they don't - Obama's destruction is unfettered.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »
Poll Highlights McConnell’s Vulnerability in Kentucky 
http://time.com/5333/mitch-mcconnell-kentucky-senate-race-2014-poll-alison-lundergan-grimes/

I do not live there, but if I did, I would sooner vote Democrat than to vote for McConnell. A Democrat is a known quantity.

On the other hand, McConnell is a slimey crony bastard who is doing more harm than good. He needs to go at any cost. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:04:17 pm »
BTW, I'm serious about voting Democrat to kill the GOPe. The 'establishment' has declared war on me and us. The GOP Establishment needs to learn that war is a two way street. At any cost.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »
Poll Highlights McConnell’s Vulnerability in Kentucky 
http://time.com/5333/mitch-mcconnell-kentucky-senate-race-2014-poll-alison-lundergan-grimes/

I do not live there, but if I did, I would sooner vote Democrat than to vote for McConnell. A Democrat is a known quantity.

On the other hand, McConnell is a slimey crony bastard who is doing more harm than good. He needs to go at any cost. IMO

McConnell is all that and more.  As I have said before and it still holds true - as we Kentuckians get closer and closer to our May 20th primary, I have not seen a SINGLE sign anywhere supporting Mitch McConnell.  Right now, in addition to flowers blooming in yards everywhere - election signs are everywhere.  Everyday, I am seeing more and more Matt Bevin and Ditch Mitch signs in yards.  There's a good chance McConnell will lose this fall to the Democrat.  He is not popular at all and if he cared about anyone but himself - he would have retired. 

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
Yep.  Talk about a Catch-22!  The Republicans are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.  If they do take the Senate - you know THEY are going to be blamed for everything that is going wrong.  If they don't - Obama's destruction is unfettered.
I don't care who wants to place blame where.
Get it done.
We'll worry about blame later.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »
BTW, I'm serious about voting Democrat to kill the GOPe. The 'establishment' has declared war on me and us. The GOP Establishment needs to learn that war is a two way street. At any cost.

You, friend, are nuts.   The "establishment" wants to win back the Senate to further conservative goals and you oppose that.

It is YOU who are declaring war by voting for a scumbag Democrat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »
He is not popular at all and if he cared about anyone but himself - he would have retired.

(Slimey bastards and Democrats) never apologize, they never resign, and they never retire. Everything is always about them. They care about nothing else on the planet than themselves.

That is a sorry ass way to live if you ask me, but that is how they do it these days in D.C.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »
McConnell is all that and more.  As I have said before and it still holds true - as we Kentuckians get closer and closer to our May 20th primary, I have not seen a SINGLE sign anywhere supporting Mitch McConnell.  Right now, in addition to flowers blooming in yards everywhere - election signs are everywhere.  Everyday, I am seeing more and more Matt Bevin and Ditch Mitch signs in yards.  There's a good chance McConnell will lose this fall to the Democrat.  He is not popular at all and if he cared about anyone but himself - he would have retired.

How is McConnell going to lose to a Democrat?  He's trailing Grimes by one point and everybody's writing him off.

He'll win and he'll win handily in a wave election.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
Get it done.

I just don't think everyone gets what the problem is here... Reagan did, and we quote him, but don't "get it".

Ronnie said "government is the problem".

Democrats and Republicans are the government, thus they are the problem.

If you believe that electing a different Republican will change things, you're wrong.

Government is the problem, so what we need is a new government.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »

Ok. That's true. But short of a 'new government' we can start by not electing the same clowns in over and over again, decade after decade. I will vote Democrat if I have to, to kill the 'establishment'. The GOPe can go to hell. Once we break the strangle hold, we can begin to rebuild.

It all starts with McConnell. I say, send the bastard to hell, even if I have to vote Democrat.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »

Ok. That's true. But short of a 'new government' we can start by not electing the same clowns in over and over again, decade after decade. I will vote Democrat if I have to, to kill the 'establishment'. The GOPe can go to hell. Once we break the strangle hold, we can begin to rebuild.

It all starts with McConnell. I say, send the bastard to hell, even if I have to vote Democrat.

Democrats are totalitarians at heart. All you will kill is any remaining  vestiges of freedom.

Different clowns do not make for a different circus, and electing different politicians does not make for a different government.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:43:37 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 06:51:36 pm »
Democrats are totalitarians at heart. All you will kill is any remaining  vestiges of freedom.

Of course they are. And so is the GOP establishment. That is why they get along so well. Does anyone believe that McCain is not a totalitarian. Of course he is. That's why he loves Obama. They are kindred spirits.

So, according to our, yours and mine, logic. Nothing will make any difference anyway. So why not?
Why not vote Democrat. The "Republicans" have betrayed me enough. Now it is my turn to 'betray' them. I am not a sheep, or a cow, I will not continue to vote 'Republican' just for the sake of it. If they keep foisting these crony 'good ol' boys' on me, They can all go to hell.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:52:40 pm by 240B »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
Get it done.

Unfortunately, they'll have to worry about the blame in 2016. 

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »
I just don't think everyone gets what the problem is here... Reagan did, and we quote him, but don't "get it".

Ronnie said "government is the problem".

Democrats and Republicans are the government, thus they are the problem.

If you believe that electing a different Republican will change things, you're wrong.

which - assuming arguendo that "government is the problem" - means merely switching one problem for a new problem.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 07:49:01 pm »
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
                                                                                                                                  -- George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 08:31:43 pm »
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
                                                                                                                                  -- George Washington

And right now we're getting an object lesson in just how right George Washington was.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 08:37:21 pm »
which - assuming arguendo that "government is the problem" - means merely switching one problem for a new problem.

When in the course of human events...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »
Twenty-two years ago I stumbled across, and supported the idea of Ross Perot, since GHW Bush had failed to be perfect. Clinton was the result.

Two years after the Perot debacle, I quit drinking, and began the slow steady process of regaining my sanity.

I now know with certainty, that if I desire a more conservative government, I will NOT get it by voting for a democrat.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 08:51:15 pm »
Twenty-two years ago I stumbled across, and supported the idea of Ross Perot, since GHW Bush had failed to be perfect. Clinton was the result.

Two years after the Perot debacle, I quit drinking, and began the slow steady process of regaining my sanity.

I now know with certainty, that if I desire a more conservative government, I will NOT get it by voting for a democrat.

:thumbsup:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:56 pm »

You will not get it by voting 'Republican' either. GW was a 'Republican', but he was not a conservative by any measure.

We keep voting for the same 70 year old people, we are going to keep getting the same 70 year old results.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »
You, friend, are nuts.   The "establishment" wants to win back the Senate to further conservative goals and you oppose that.

It is YOU who are declaring war by voting for a scumbag Democrat.

Hear!  Hear!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 09:08:15 pm »
We keep voting for the same 70 year old people, we are going to keep getting the same 70 year old results.

Totally agree.....new faces and new ideas are needed in DC..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34