Author Topic:  (Read 287 times)

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« on: April 04, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Hmm... tau protein also happens to be the culprit in the "chronic traumatic encephalopathy" diagnosis that is en vogue among retired athletes.

I suppose it might be something worth investigating, considering they're still using 1906 theories that haven't panned out.
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
When my father died in 1993 from early onset Alzheimers at age 69, we donated his brain for research. They told us all about the beta amyloid and plaque they found. I wonder what it all meant.  :shrug:
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
"wrong" is a bit of an over-the-top accusation here.  when he says all the amyloid drugs have failed, does he mean that they failed to clear out the plaques, or that they didn't cure the alzheimer's even though they cleared away the amyloid?  If the former, then he's really being unfair, if the latter, then he does have a strong basis for the assertion, but it's still a little over-the-top.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf