Author Topic: Welcome to the Era of Politically Correct Web Browsing  (Read 217 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Welcome to the Era of Politically Correct Web Browsing
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:54 AM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Welcome to the Era of Politically Correct Web Browsing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »
I would strongly urge everyone who cares about the rights of private individuals to have their say to stop using Firefox - the browser put out by Mozilla - and switch to another.  There are (at least) four other major browsers out there:  Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera and Safari.  Any one of those is preferable to Firefox.

I made the switch to Chrome last night and I have to say it was a seamless transfer; all of my bookmarks, saved passwords, history, etc, transferred over without a problem.  Heck, the standard interface even looks nicer than that of Firefox.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:33:37 PM »
If one wishes to browse without fear of political correctness, one should take a look at the new "Epic Privacy Browser", which is free to download and use.

It uses the Chrome engine, but with ALL the google stuff stripped out.

It's purposely designed to protect the user's privacy, disable trackers, etc.

But it goes ALL these other browsers one step further -- it will also "cloak" your IP address with the click of an icon, so that the contacts you make with web sites cannot be tracked back to you.

Epic is freely downloadable here:
https://www.epicbrowser.com

(disclaimer: I have no financial or intellectual interest in Epic -- just making its presence known if you choose to check it out..)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
If one wishes to browse without fear of political correctness, one should take a look at the new "Epic Privacy Browser", which is free to download and use.

It uses the Chrome engine, but with ALL the google stuff stripped out.

It's purposely designed to protect the user's privacy, disable trackers, etc.

But it goes ALL these other browsers one step further -- it will also "cloak" your IP address with the click of an icon, so that the contacts you make with web sites cannot be tracked back to you.

Epic is freely downloadable here:
https://www.epicbrowser.com

(disclaimer: I have no financial or intellectual interest in Epic -- just making its presence known if you choose to check it out..)

Cool!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention - so long as it's a good product I don't care if you have a financial interest or not!  :beer:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf