Author Topic: Islamic group gets go-ahead to cut crosses off NY church  (Read 225 times)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Islamic group gets go-ahead to cut crosses off NY church
« on: April 03, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Islamic group gets go-ahead to cut crosses off NY church
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »
Yusuf Soule, the center's director, has been the public point-person for the mosque effort. He said the crosses must be removed because the Islamic faith prohibits worship of idols and symbols.

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:18:11 AM »
Yusuf Soule, the center's director, has been the public point-person for the mosque effort. He said the crosses must be removed because the Islamic faith prohibits worship of idols and symbols.

Yes, maybe, but they do believe in shooting little girls for going to school, throwing acid in the face of women for wearing lipstick, and enslaving or beheading what they call 'Infidels' for blasphemy.

Yeah, but a cross, no way. We can't have that. That is way out of bounds. I agree with taking the cross down when Muslims are about. Having these animals worship under a cross would be an insult to the cross.

The only questions I have are, who sold it to them? Why didn't the Christians burn it down after they left? Me personally, I would burn it before I would sell it to Muslims. But that's just me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
A suggestion, for those who find this as offensive as I:

Over here we have heritage laws. Listed buildings may not have their exteriors (and sometimes interiors) modified in any way. Any repairs to the exteriors of the buildings must be done with period specific materials and techniques, and they must be done in such a way that, after a suitable period for weathering, the repairs are indistinguishable from the original.

The penalties for not doing this range from fines, to forfeiture, to prison.

If your state does not have a law like this - push for it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »
A suggestion, for those who find this as offensive as I:

Over here we have heritage laws. Listed buildings may not have their exteriors (and sometimes interiors) modified in any way. Any repairs to the exteriors of the buildings must be done with period specific materials and techniques, and they must be done in such a way that, after a suitable period for weathering, the repairs are indistinguishable from the original.

The penalties for not doing this range from fines, to forfeiture, to prison.

If your state does not have a law like this - push for it.

Exactly..
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf