Author Topic: Truthrevolt Blocks Mozilla Firefox to Protest Anti-Conservative Discrimination  (Read 1009 times)

Oceander

Breitbart

Truthrevolt Blocks Mozilla Firefox to Protest Anti-Conservative Discrimination

by ROBERT WILDE  3 Apr 2014, 7:01 PM PDT

On Thursday, Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich resigned thanks to pressure by both the company infrastructure and the left over a $1,000 donation he made to Proposition 8, a 2008 ballot initiative that would have enshrined traditional marriage as the standard for state marriage in California.

The firing followed a campaign against Eich by dating website OKCupid, in which OKCupid blocked Mozilla users from visiting their website, instead directing them to a message declaring:

Hello, there, Mozilla Firefox user. Pardon this interruption of your OKCupid experience. Mozilla’s new CEO, Brendan Eich, is an opponent of equal rights for gay couples. We would therefore prefer that our users not use Mozilla software to access OKCupid…
If individuals like Mr. Eich had their way, then roughly 8% of the relationships we’ve worked so hard to bring about would be illegal…Those who seek to deny love and instead enforce misery, shame, and frustration are our enemies, and we wish them nothing but failure.”

Mozilla and Eich have never discriminated against gay couples. Mozilla’s firing of Eich, however, represents discrimination on the basis of conservative philosophy. That is the case being made by conservative anti-media activist group TruthRevolt.org, led by Breitbart News senior editor-at-large Ben Shapiro. On Thursday evening, TruthRevolt.org launched a petition urging Americans to stop using Mozilla, as well as a Facebook page.

Furthermore, Shapiro announced that TruthRevolt.org would strike back at Mozilla by blocking its Firefox browser. Visitors to TruthRevolt.org using Mozilla are now met by the following message:

Pardon this interruption of your TruthRevolt experience. Mozilla recently forced its CEO, Brendan Eich, to resign over his personal support for traditional marriage. The firing followed a vicious smear campaign against Eich by dating website OKCupid, in which OKCupid blocked Mozilla users from visiting their website.
We would therefore prefer that our users not use Mozilla software to access TruthRevolt, given Mozilla’s crackdown on political and religious positions held by millions of Americans.
To sign our petition vowing to uninstall or cease using Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla users can still click here.
Going forward we urge you to consider a different web browser for accessing TruthRevolt.org.
Here are a few alternatives:
Google Chrome | Safari | Opera | Internet Explorer

Shapiro explained to Breitbart News, “The hypocrites who seek to bully and destroy the lives of those with whom they disagree must be held to their own standards of conduct. Our organization seeks to create mutually assured destruction: if the left is going to bully conservatives into silence, we will punch back twice as hard. The minute leftists recognize free speech principles apply to everyone, not just selectively to those on the left, we will be happy to cease using leftist tactics. Until then, civility is a waste of breath.”

Shapiro continued, “Andrew Breitbart’s mission was more voices, not less. If the right sits idly by while the left bludgeons conservatives into silence, we will get precisely the opposite. Mutually assured destruction is the name of the game. There is only one thing worse than using leftist tactics: watching the left do it and win while we decry their poor sportsmanship. We hope other conservative websites will join our cause.”

Oceander

Done and done.  Installed Chrome, which seamlessly transferred all of my bookmarks, saved passwords, history, etc..., over from FF, and I'm now done with FF.

I strongly urge everyone else to do the same.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I'm stuck with Firefox at work.  They only allow us three choices, Firefox, Chrome, or IE.  If we install anything else, one of the system admins will remote in and uninstall it.  Most people can use one without a problem, but not me.  Since I have to access about 50-60 different vendor websites, I need a browser which will work with all, or at least as many as possible.

Firefox works with all but two, which are so antiquated that they only run on IE and barely at that.  Chrome works with about 2/3s and IE about the same.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

I'm stuck with Firefox at work.  They only allow us three choices, Firefox, Chrome, or IE.  If we install anything else, one of the system admins will remote in and uninstall it.  Most people can use one without a problem, but not me.  Since I have to access about 50-60 different vendor websites, I need a browser which will work with all, or at least as many as possible.

Firefox works with all but two, which are so antiquated that they only run on IE and barely at that.  Chrome works with about 2/3s and IE about the same.

It's too bad Chrome doesn't work with more of them - is there, perhaps, a compatibility add-on that might make it work with all of them?  Otherwise, since you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice; maybe just make sure you turn off the healthreport and telemetry it sends back to Mozilla; that way they won't know that you're still being forced to use their product.

Oceander

There's a truckload of ancient websites here:  http://www.404pagefound.com/

going back to 1993; the site first gives you a preview, but it also gives you the original url - that still works!

I ran Chrome on a number of these pages and didn't seem to have any problems.  Then again, none of them looked like they had a lot of bells and whistles, like serious javascript programming.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Even though I agree in principle to boycott Firefox/Mozilla....it's the most stable, easy to use IMO.

Installed Chrome on it's maiden day...saw that they wanted to be able to track wherever you went with the 'intention' of building a consumer profile on its users.

This is the same Google that rigs their search pages to benefit the Left's ideology.   So...no thanks.

I hope this guy was 'fired' in name only.....and given a huge corner office on the top floor...with a different title.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Even though I agree in principle to boycott Firefox/Mozilla....it's the most stable, easy to use IMO.

Installed Chrome on it's maiden day...saw that they wanted to be able to track wherever you went with the 'intention' of building a consumer profile on its users.

This is the same Google that rigs their search pages to benefit the Left's ideology.   So...no thanks.

I hope this guy was 'fired' in name only.....and given a huge corner office on the top floor...with a different title.

Chrome has come a ways since it was launched; the calling home can be restricted and there are plenty of so-called "iron" versions that do away with that completely without losing the browsing ability.

And no, he won't be fired in name only, he'll now be pilloried in his industry and turned into a pariah.

Here's one of the most ironic, and stupidest, things about this:  he's the guy who invented javascript, which is one of the primary programming tools that runs most of the internet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:11:08 pm by Oceander »

Oceander

Let's see how long before the new avatar gets pulled down from photobucket for violating some rule.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Chrome has come a ways since it was launched; the calling home can be restricted and there are plenty of so-called "iron" versions that do away with that completely without losing the browsing ability.

And no, he won't be fired in name only, he'll now be pilloried in his industry and turned into a pariah.

Here's one of the most ironic, and stupidest, things about this:  he's the guy who invented javascript, which is one of the primary programming tools that runs most of the internet.

Yes it has! Can't believe how fast it is now! Mozillla, which I have been using for years, is now HISTORY!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sure it's my acute cynicism, but has anybody wondered if this wasn't orchestrated right from the start by......GOOGLE? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The great thing about Chrome is how seamlessly it works between Windows and Android.  My web browsing experience is pretty much the same no matter what device I am on.

The downside is, it's Google.  Google is tracking every move I make and following me around with promotional material that matches my web activity.  It's like having gum on your shoe that you can never scrape off.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The great thing about Chrome is how seamlessly it works between Windows and Android.  My web browsing experience is pretty much the same no matter what device I am on.

The downside is, it's Google.  Google is tracking every move I make and following me around with promotional material that matches my web activity.  It's like having gum on your shoe that you can never scrape off.
That's true, pretty much, with any Web browser that accepts cookies. Most ad companies are able to base "promotional material" on the cookies you have on your computer. Google (which itself has an ad-sales division) is hardly unique in that field, and it doesn't really matter which browser you use.

I visit Kmart's Web site and get ads for Kmart (right down to the items I looked at) for several days afterward. The same goes for several other retailers. Heck, I stumbled upon Allen Edmonds one day (an American-made shoe manufacturer whose prices are far too expensive for me to afford) and got ads from them for months.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
That's true, pretty much, with any Web browser that accepts cookies. Most ad companies are able to base "promotional material" on the cookies you have on your computer. Google (which itself has an ad-sales division) is hardly unique in that field, and it doesn't really matter which browser you use.

I visit Kmart's Web site and get ads for Kmart (right down to the items I looked at) for several days afterward. The same goes for several other retailers. Heck, I stumbled upon Allen Edmonds one day (an American-made shoe manufacturer whose prices are far too expensive for me to afford) and got ads from them for months.

Yes, but Google is "better" at it than anybody.  They can target based on things ranging from search, browser activity and even subjects I talk about in my gmail, and they have the most advanced ad delivery system since they own doubleclick.

Oceander

get the extension donottrackme, you can block google's tracking as well as everyone else's

Oceander

get DoNotTrackMe for Chrome.

Offline RedForemanRules

Ghostery is a must for any browser, I love that program!