Author Topic: You are a revenue source: New Technology Lets Cops (that’s 1 cop) Issue a Ticket Every 1.2 Minutes  (Read 836 times)

Oceander

AgainstCronyCapitalism.org

You are a revenue source:  New Technology Lets Cops (that’s 1 cop) Issue a Ticket Every 1.2 Minutes

By Nick Sorrentino on April 3, 2014

Please explain to me how this little racket does anything to “serve” or “protect” the residents of Jackson Tennessee. I’m sure it generates a lot of money for the city though. The Sheriff of Nottingham did a similar thing back in the day.

Should we really have cops hiding in construction sites with super sensitive radar guns just trawling the local byways for speeders and bonuses?

Of course we shouldn’t. Almost everyone probably agrees that we shouldn’t. And yet somehow this sort of thing just keeps happening over and over and over.

(From The Free Thought Project)

“They’re talking about having officers blend in, put on a construction hats and blend in with a construction zone,” said Deputy Chief Barry Michael, Jackson Police Dept. “They’d be running radar but look like one of the regular construction workers…getting a citation maybe in the mail and maybe getting multiple citations will hopefully get people’s attention to slow down.”

Click here for the article.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The modern speed trap....

Oceander

Offline olde north church

Well, when they post the photo of the cop engaged in a less than dominant position during a homosexual encounter in the local FB pages, that should stop that right quick.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.