Author Topic: Top bird! Chick-fil-A beats KFC as number one chicken chain in the nation  (Read 333 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • ^^ Actual picture of me.
    • Fullervision
AP Wire story, April 3, 2014

Chick-fil-A widened its lead over rival KFC as the No. 1 chicken chain in the U.S. last year.

Preliminary data from food industry researcher Technomic shows that Atlanta-based Chick-Fil-A held the lead because its locations are much busier, even though there are far fewer of them.

Chick-fil-A first surpassed KFC as the top chicken chain in 2012.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/chick-fil-a-beats-kfc-top-chicken-chain-article-1.1741947#ixzz2xrlGy5vo
STILL a proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance

"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

Offline mountaineer

Good for them. And they have accomplished this while remaining closed on Sundays.
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Offline happyg

I have never been to a Chick-fil-A. Both KFC's left town some time ago. Lee's Famous Recipe is popular, and I love it. So do all kids and grandkids.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
I have never been to a Chick-fil-A. Both KFC's left town some time ago. Lee's Famous Recipe is popular, and I love it. So do all kids and grandkids.

Went once on a layover at Newark. You are not missing much. It's edible, that's about it. Though the Grilled Market Salad is well worth eating - at least in that location.
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf